DOC, IDRAW SLACKWARE 1.1.1 FP EXCEPTION CYRIX DX40

DOC, IDRAW SLACKWARE 1.1.1 FP EXCEPTION CYRIX DX40

Post by R1.. » Fri, 01 Apr 1994 14:02:24

Well, from an AMD DX40 to a CYRIX DX40 and the FPU exceptions follow!
Looks like I go with INTEL!  If I remeber correctly AMD wouldnt run
ghostscript, but would run idraw, and now CYRIX will run ghostscript,
but not idraw.. Because others have said their AMD can run
ghostscript and from running test programs, I am assuming it was a
bad chip, but my attention, is now on CYRIX!

Just to be sure I would like to know if anyone else has NOT been able
to run Interviews DOC and IDRAW (or for that matter ghostscript)
because of floating point exceptions with an INTEL DX CHIP.
( BTW: I am using the bins from Slackware 1.1.1 - Doc31?)

Also, if anyone with a CYRIX DX40 has DOC or IDRAW running please
let me know!

DOC comes all the way up (a window) and immediately terminates, IDRAW simply
terminates.

THANK YOU THANK YOU THANK YOU
Tony