PPP-Linux-HOWTO

Post by Daniel Panca » Tue, 08 Nov 1994 01:33:10

Ok, after days of trying on my own, it's time to ask.

What I really need is a PPP-Linux-HOWTO

Im trying to setup the following network:

WinSock 2.0          Linux 1.1.59        Inet Server
   |                      |                  |
+-----+  PPP link(s)  X+-----+  PPP Link  +-----+
|  A  |X--------------X|  B  |X----------X|  C  |--->Internet
+-----+               X+-----+            +-----+

X - Modems

Machine A - One of a 100(s) dynamic dialup PC's running winsock PPP...
Machine B - Linux Server with a MultiPort(16) and 1 PPP link to C
Machine C - Internet server with T1 links...

I have pppd installed on Machine B and talking to
Machine A (sometimes)

I looking for any help configuring the following files:

ppp/options
ppp/options.<ttyname>
/etc/passwd            <--- adding PPP users
/etc/inittab
/etc/gettydefs
/etc/resolv.conf
/etc/gateways

I'm currently having problems with dppp not releasing the port after the
modem disconnects (a config problem im sure)

I'm getting close (I think!)

Thanks

PPP-Linux-HOWTO

Post by Terry Daws » Sun, 13 Nov 1994 16:40:57

>ppp/options
>ppp/options.<ttyname>
>/etc/passwd            <--- adding PPP users
>/etc/inittab
>/etc/gettydefs
>/etc/resolv.conf
>/etc/gateways

What you need is a copy of Olaf Kirch's Network Administrators Guide
and the documentation that comes with the ppp package.

They are availabel on sunsite.unc.edu

Terry

--

1. Win95/Linux HOWTO? OS/2-Linux HOWTO?

I'm getting ready to install all three of these OS's on my machine and
would really like to find some FAQs/HOWTOs on the subject.  I used to
have the Win95-Linux HOWTO but seem to have deleted it or something, and
no, it doesn't seem to be on any of the web pages, probably cuz it's
fairly new.

If anyone has a copy they can mail me or just tell me where to find it
I'd appreciate it.

If anyone wants to give me some advice on partitioning/installing I'll
take it!  I can't be the only foo--er, fella who's thought about/actually
done this...can I?

thanks much!

-Ash

2. WP6.0 demo: /dev/spx invalid argument

3. HOWTO: becoming a dial-up PPP server, enabling PPP login?

4. Segmentation Error

5. HELP: ppp scirpt: howto change ppp login name after connection

6. Hayes Accura 56K v.90 Int Modem Problem

7. PPP Configure Problems, PPP HOWTO???

8. Help with fork/exec on sockets

9. Linux PPP HOWTO (part 1/2)

10. VPN PPTP PPP Linux box to MS Server HOWTO?

11. Prodigy PPP Linux Mini-howto (Change of Address)

12. Linux PPP HOWTO