french ispell

Post by Dr. Jacques Gelin » Thu, 17 Nov 1994 13:20:14

A repost:

Subject: New version of French dictionary available
Date: Sun, 24 Apr 1994 19:32:14 GMT

I have upgraded the affix file and installation instructions for the
francais-IREQ French dictionary.  This database can be used with
ispell 3.1.04 to verify the spelling of French text written in the ISO
8859-1, TeX, or nroff character sets.  There is also en emacs
interface.

The package can be retrieved from the following location:

       Site: ftp.ireq-robot.hydro.qc.ca
       Directory: /pub/ispell
       File: IREQ-Francais-1.1.tar.gz

There is a short English README file, but most of the instructions are
in "la langue de Moliere".

--

Institut de recherche d'Hydro-Quebec    +1 514 652-8412
Varennes, QC, Canada   J3X 1S1

Colle`ge Militaire Royal de Saint-Jean,
Que'bec, Canada, J0J 1R0.

french ispell

Post by Jim Thorsl » Thu, 17 Nov 1994 05:07:48

I need a french dictionary for ispell that works under linux. My current
one fails due to wrong magic numbers. I'm using slackware 2.1. Does anyone
know where to get a french dictionary? Please?

Jim Thorsley
Department of Computer Science
The University of Western Ontario
London, Ontario, Canada

1. ispell 3.1: looking for a french dictionary

I'm looking for the above dictionary (8 bit version). Can anybody
tell me where to get it from? I couldn't find it at the ispell home
ftp.cs.ucla.edu.

Thanks in advance

2. Tip Issue

3. Is there ispell.el for ispell ver 4.0 ??

4. How to install KDE or GNOME in OpenBSD 3.1 ?

5. ispell-region error: Ispell misalignment (solved???)

6. postscript on nec 870 bogus...

7. Adding French (real French) locale to 2.6 machine

8. After changing MAC addres network stop working - why?

9. Wanted: French applications and French Sun support

10. ispell works

11. german ispell

12. Ispell and pico

13. emacs 19.xx and ispell