help:file system problem

Post by Robert Raesma » Wed, 14 Sep 1994 22:30:05

HELP!!!
When I came in to work this morning,  I noticed my machine was not working.
I rebooted and received the following message:

fsck.ext2:Bad magic number in super-block
while trying to open /dev/sdb1
Couldn't find valid filesystem superblock

I cannot login as root,  but I can login as myself and run su.
Am I in real trouble here or can this be fixed?

Please mail any answer to me at:

1. Enhanced Filing system - file system like DEC Advanced File system for Linux

    Some time ago I was involved in discussion on this news group regarding the
design of a new file system for Linux.  The main aim is to support dynamic size
changing by adding/removing partitions from the file system at run time without
interrupting processes that are using the file system.  Another major feature is
logging so that a system crash or power failure can be recovered from without
data loss or an excessive amount of time spent running FSCK.

  This project is now going ahead, if you are interested then please load up the
following URL: http://www.virtual.net.au/~rjc/enh-fs.html

Russell Coker

2. SUID will not work.

3. "Standard Journaled File System" vs "Large File Enabled Journaled File System"

4. OPTI930 ??

5. file system HELP HELP HELP

6. Here's what I need:

7. REQ: Help with accessing NTFS files system from RH 7.3 Win2K dual boot system

8. Help with NFS error message

9. File System Problem... Help!!!

10. /var file system <==> /usr file system

11. copy umsdos file system to ext2 file system

12. HELP! File system problem

13. HELP: serious problem-- file system/queue full