Anybody have tips for buying memory?

Post by Alexander Kourak » Mon, 01 Aug 1994 04:27:48

   I want a single 16 meg SIMM for my memory-hungry IBM PS/ValuePoint
and have decided to go to mail order. However I'm confused by all the
different vendors and the prices. One of the lowest prices is $625
(mail order) and the highest is from IBM, over $1000.
   Does anyone have any suggestions (or specific mail-order houses
that have good service and products) for buying the memory? For
instance, is it possible that defective memory would go unnoticed in
DOS/Windows and create a problem for Linux?
   Any tips would be appreciated. Reply here or send e-mail. Thanks!

--
Alexander Kourakos