Yggdrasil and PAS 16 SCSI

Post by Marty Schwer » Thu, 22 Sep 1994 07:26:55

I have just gotten Yggdrasil Fall 1994 release. I have been using
Slackware 2.0, but thought I would try to run a system from my cdrom to
better use my hard drive. However I am getting timeout problems in trying
to run Yggdrasil on bootup from the cdrom . I have a PAS 16 sound card with
the SCSI interface which seems to be semi-supported, but which also seems
to be the cause of the problem. If anyone has had the same problem with
the pas 16 please let me know if there is a way to get it working. Thanks

Marty
--

Yggdrasil and PAS 16 SCSI

Post by Luciano Pavarot » Thu, 22 Sep 1994 18:09:13

>I have just gotten Yggdrasil Fall 1994 release. I have been using
>Slackware 2.0, but thought I would try to run a system from my cdrom to
>better use my hard drive. However I am getting timeout problems in trying
>to run Yggdrasil on bootup from the cdrom . I have a PAS 16 sound card with
>the SCSI interface which seems to be semi-supported, but which also seems
>to be the cause of the problem. If anyone has had the same problem with
>the pas 16 please let me know if there is a way to get it working. Thanks

Oh yes, I have the same problem.  Maybe something wrong with the
pas16.c and/or pas16.h?

-Peter

1. Yggdrasil + PAS-16 not booting!

     Has anyone gotten the Yggdrasil Summer 1994 Plug-and-Play Linux
to work with a ProAudioSpectrum-16 SCSI bus?  I have a 486/33 with
8MB, with the PAS-16 and a Texel DM-3024 with the latest version of
the firmware.
     Linux recognizes both the PAS SCSI and the CD-ROM, but it always
hangs at the same place.  Adam at Yggdrasil has advised that PAS SCSI
support is "experimental" (=unsupported).

If anyone has gotten P&P Linux to work with a PAS-16, please post
your configuration!  Thanks!

*Kevin*
__

2. USB console possible? Console over IP ??

3. PAS+ supported for sound? PAS 16 is...

4. HOSTNAME configuration

5. Problem with PAS 16, PAS owners read this

6. Import VG problem

7. PAS-studio vs. PAS-16 & locating CDROM

8. Quick Kernel Question...

9. Problem with MEDIAVISION PAS-16 SCSI CD-ROM

10. PAS-16 SCSI & Enabling IRQ's

11. *Q: PAS-16 SCSI for HD and CD ??

12. PAS-16 scsi errors

13. PAS 16/SCSI CD-ROM