WWW Server Software Needed

Post by John J Almet » Tue, 21 Mar 1995 16:57:03

To anyone that can help:

Can anyone tell me where to find WWW Server software to run on my
Linux host?  I understand there are 2 versions... NCSA and CERN.
Which is better and why?

Thanks

John Almeter

1. Novell Netware WWW Servers versus Linux WWW Servers

Hi,
  could you please consider this posting on behalf of a colleague :

        Does any one have experience with Novell Netware  WEB servers, e.g.
        Sitebuilder ?
        Are they stable, do they properly support modern WWW facilities, such as
        CGI, SSI?
        Unless I provide my college with strong reasons in favour of a Linux
        based WWW server, they will switch to a Novell Netware based one, due to
        the lack of Unix expertise within the college.
        I will be most grateful for any advise on this matter.

        Persephoni

        Dr Persephoni Karaolani, Senior Lecturer, I.T. Department,
        Liverpool Hope University College, Woolton Road,

Thanks in advance.

                        Paul

Paul Hazlewood
Research Assisstant
I.T. Department,
Liverpool Hope University College, Woolton Road,
Liverpool L16 8ND

2. cd-rom won't read audio cds

3. Looking for WWW server software!???

4. 64/32 bit binaries

5. disabling sockets for running processes

6. PD WWW server software

7. reading/scanner Legato Networker tapes while booted from CD

8. WWW: Unmaintained Free Software -- an Index of orphaned Free Software projects

9. FreeBSD Web servers (was Re: NT server vs workstation for WWW server)

10. need to set up NIS for WWW server alias ?

11. UNIX WWW SERVER INFO NEEDED

12. Need arguments, Unix vs NT for www/email server