** Can't run xfm or xfilemanager **

Post by Albert » Wed, 28 Sep 1994 04:37:38

When I try running xfm or xfilemanager in fvwm (Linux 1.0.9),
I get the following message...

    libXpm.so.4: library not found

I look in my system directories, and I find libXpm.so.3 (no, I
didn't accidentally delete libXpm.so.4).  Is there any way of getting
and installing the missing library file?  I thought this was supposed
to be taken care of when X was installed.

Regards,
Albert.

--

Albert So

1. xfm and xfilemanager

Hello, I've downloaded xfree 3.3.
As I didn't find any rebuilt applications, I decided to install some previous ones again.
But xfm does not want to load small icons ( .xpm) anymore.
I've however precised in .fvwm2rc95 in my home directory where to look at, since I use the fvwm95,2 interface. I had to add that xfilemanager manages to find them, as it displays some small icons,
Does anyone see a solution to this puzzle ?
Thanks.

2. SPARC bins on linux

3. xfm and xfilemanager troubles with 1.2.8

4. Alt+Tab does not work

5. Can't get that !@#$% xfilemanager to run, help requested...

6. multiple process listening to same port - what is the expected behaviour?

7. xfilemanager does'nt run...

8. Thinnet cabling and Ethernet LED indicator lights

9. Xfilemanager won't run?

10. It's not bad canned meat...

11. Xfilemanager: 'Segmentation fault' (Slackware 3.0)

12. xfm,how to change height of buttons with 'appslabels'