Mosaic-2.4.1+term-118 FTP question

Post by Davor Jadrijev » Fri, 08 Jul 1994 23:03:34

HI ALL!

I have Mosaic-2.4.1+term binary and I run term118 but I can't
connect with the FTP protocol (says the host will not serve
the page to me, but I know it should). I'd appreciate some
suggestions to run ftp. (DO I need external program (ftp) for
term ftp)?

Best regards, Davor.
--

Post by Tim Cut » Sat, 09 Jul 1994 01:20:35

>HI ALL!
>I have Mosaic-2.4.1+term binary and I run term118 but I can't
>connect with the FTP protocol (says the host will not serve
>the page to me, but I know it should). I'd appreciate some
>suggestions to run ftp. (DO I need external program (ftp) for
>term ftp)?

No.  You are probably trying to ftp from a popular server.  Unlike a normal
ftp session where you stay logged on until you have fetched your file,
Mosaic disconnects you every time you get a directory listing (which is
fairer to other users, and a Good Thing, IMO).  If the anonymous login
fails, due to too many anonymous connections already, Mosaic gives the above
message.  Try it on a really empty site to see if that will work.

If you want to do lots of ftp, I'd suggest using ncftp.  The standard sources
for this have an option to compile with term support.

Tim.

1. Term 118 and X-Windows

Ok, gurus, I've got a problem.  I'm hoping it's something simple.  Here goes:

I have compiled term118 at school on a sparc10, named mathsun1.math.utk.edu

I've compiled it at home, too.

I call up school and run term, then I run term as a download protocol
at home:

term < /dev/cuaXX > /dev/cuaXX

Then I run trsh and get my school account.  (Which dies mysteriously after
about 20 min.)

Anyway, I run txconn on mathsun1, and set the DISPLAY variable accordingly.

When I try to run an X program (I am already in X, BTW) I get the error
"Cannot open display mathsun1.math.utk.edu:XX".

I do an xhost + at home, but to no avail.  Anyone know what I'm doing
wrong?

2. Emacs produces segmentation fault

3. MAJOR problem with term (114 works & 118 does NOT!!!)

4. Linux Networking

5. Can't connect to ftp URLs using Mosaic+term with SOCKSified term

7. Mosaic-2.4.1

8. : ksh & Linux

9. term-aware Mosaic-2.1?

10. Problem with Mosaic-2.4+term

11. ftp from mosaic+term...what gives?

12. Need FTP site for Mosaic with term support

13. SOCKS patches for term 1.11 (enables Mosaic+term from behind firewall)