Problem with mounting Mitsumi FX001D CD-ROM during installation of Slackware 2.0

Problem with mounting Mitsumi FX001D CD-ROM during installation of Slackware 2.0

Post by Konstantin Kost » Sat, 10 Sep 1994 01:49:12

I am sorry if this has already been discussed in the newgroup.

So, I have a Mitsumi FX001D double speed CD-ROM drive and am trying to
install Slackware 2.0 from it. However the drive isn't recognized
initially (0 CD-ROM drives detected) when booting, and later the SETUP
program gives me "error attempting to mount the CD-ROM drive".
The drive uses I/O address 0x300, IRQ 10, and DMA 5. I tried changing
the IRQ to the other possible values- 9,11 ..., but this doesn't help.
The kernel version on the boot disk is 1.0.9.
I also tried to force the hardware detection at the ramdisk level, but
I do not know exactly what to input there.
The mcd.h file on the CD-ROM has exactly 0x300 and IRQ 10 set, but I do
not what the kernel in the boot floppy has.

Does anyone know is model of Mitsumi is compatible? Maybe I just need
a boot disk with a newer version of the kernel?
Else I have to copy stuff to the DOS partition and install from there,
but I would prefer to get another CD-ROM drive if this one isn't compatible.

Thanks very much to anyone who responds

Konstantin

1. SB Pro 2.0 8 bit stereo / Mitsumi FX001D CD-Rom & Workman Volume ???

Hi,

I'm just unable to change the volume with workman (or any other prog I haven't
found yet ;-) ) ? This does work for a friend having a SB 32ASP and SCSI
CD-Rom (attached to his Adaptec 1542, but I don't think this matters, it's
the SB that should play with the volume settings)...

Any clue ?

Regards, JP.

PS: Is there something like the SB Mixer (for Windoze) for X ?

2. cpio and directory modification times

3. Problem with Mitsumi CD-ROM Drive FX001D

4. sound?? where is the sound??

5. Slackware 2.0 Mitsumi CD-ROM & Adaptec SCSI controllers

6. LINUX AND MITSUMI WON'T TALK

7. Mitsumi CD-ROM on Slackware 2.0

8. setting up printer on Ultra10

9. DOSEMU and Mitsumi FX001D CD-ROM

10. Yggdrasil summer '94 & Mitsumi FX001D CD-ROM

11. Help: Mitsumi CD-ROM model FX001D

12. Mitsumi FX001D CD-Rom

13. CD-ROM drive (Mitsumi FX001D) trouble