linux, Mitsumi CD-ROM (& SB), & the TA CD-ROM - solved!

linux, Mitsumi CD-ROM (& SB), & the TA CD-ROM - solved!

Post by mar » Wed, 18 May 1994 07:00:54

Finally!

As I posted recently, I got the TA CD-ROM, and found that the setup kernel
recognized the CD drive, but the installed one didn't. I had trouble with
the recompile, as well.

The answer is:
    in (I think it's) /etc/include/linux/drivers/blocks, there are *two*
        makefiles. One is named Makefile, the other Makefile.orig. When
        I diffed them, I discovered Makefile.orig *had* conditions for
        compiling the Mitsumi driver, the Soundblaster driver, and one
        other driver, and Makefile *didn't*. I renamed both, and reran
        the compile. No problems, using lilo (after the usual moving &
        /etc/lilo/install) I boot off my hard drive, I can mount the
        CD ROM, etc.

I am emailing TA this, as well.

        mark

linux, Mitsumi CD-ROM (& SB), & the TA CD-ROM - solved!

Post by Rob Janss » Wed, 18 May 1994 17:52:50

Quote:>Finally!
>As I posted recently, I got the TA CD-ROM, and found that the setup kernel
>recognized the CD drive, but the installed one didn't. I had trouble with
>the recompile, as well.
>The answer is:
>    in (I think it's) /etc/include/linux/drivers/blocks, there are *two*
>    makefiles. One is named Makefile, the other Makefile.orig. When
>    I diffed them, I discovered Makefile.orig *had* conditions for
>    compiling the Mitsumi driver, the Soundblaster driver, and one
>    other driver, and Makefile *didn't*. I renamed both, and reran
>    the compile. No problems, using lilo (after the usual moving &
>    /etc/lilo/install) I boot off my hard drive, I can mount the
>    CD ROM, etc.

It probably means something went wrong when you were patching things.
Try to re-build the source tree from a clean point.
(cd /usr/src; rm -rf linux; tar xvzf some.version.tar.gz; patch -p0 -s patches)

Rob

linux, Mitsumi CD-ROM (& SB), & the TA CD-ROM - solved!

Post by j.. » Sun, 22 May 1994 08:30:11

Hi, I have found a problem with the mitsumi driver in both the kernel
on the April InfoMagic CDROM and the v1.1.0 kernel on Sunsite.
On line 884 of mcd.c it calls irqaction(MCD_INTR_NR,  &mcd_sigaction)
It should be: irqaction(mcd_irq,  &mcd_sigaction)

The upshot is that the driver always trys to use irq 11, even if you
overide the irq on the lilo boot line.

This caused the aha152x driver to panic when it couldn't get the irq
so I couldn't install from the InfoMagic CDROM!

Oh well, back to making the floppy images!

Byee
Jo

Jo Stockley

"Sausage time!" - Prince Regent in Black Adder III

1. SB Pro 2.0 8 bit stereo / Mitsumi FX001D CD-Rom & Workman Volume ???

Hi,

I'm just unable to change the volume with workman (or any other prog I haven't
found yet ;-) ) ? This does work for a friend having a SB 32ASP and SCSI
CD-Rom (attached to his Adaptec 1542, but I don't think this matters, it's
the SB that should play with the volume settings)...

Any clue ?

Regards, JP.

PS: Is there something like the SB Mixer (for Windoze) for X ?

2. VisualAge C++ v5.0.2.0 problems

3. 4 ide drives & Mitsumi (IDE/ATAPI) CD-ROM via SB

4. Cheap 4port/1IRQ serial card!

5. Linux & Mitsumi CD-ROM FX001 ?? How ??

6. pdf-Manual for 7011?

7. Plug&Play Linux installation help (using Mitsumi quad speed CD-ROM Drive)

8. Linux printing sucks? Or is it just me?

9. Universal CD-ROM resells LINUX CD-ROM

10. CD-ROM not detected by linux after CD-ROM install

11. Linux from Nascent CD-ROM won't mount my panasonic cd-rom drive

12. Slackware 2.0 Mitsumi CD-ROM & Adaptec SCSI controllers

13. Slakware 2.2 & Mitsumi CD-ROM