Unable to use stdlib.h with SLS 1.03

Post by James Hog » Wed, 02 Feb 1994 01:56:30

--
Jim Hogan

1. Unable to make Boot disk with SLS 1.03

This is becoming a real problem, and I have tried to do this on
several computers, and a friend has also given it a shot.

We are trying to install SLS 1.03 with the Generic Boot Disk A1 from
sunsite.unc.edu.  I make a partition with the Linux fdisk, and go
through the install.  it can be either minimal or full.  it does not
matter.  When the time comes to make the Boot Diskette, I get the
following problems:

1. /root/Image no such file or directory (this is correct--I cannot
find such a file on the hard drive)
2. no /etc/syssteup file can be found.

Needless to say, nothing good happens.  The boot disk is useless and
no install or boot from the hard disk is possible.

What is going on here?  What must I do to get Linux properly
installed?  This is becoming a real bummer.  Appreciate any
assistance.

TIA,
Cowboy
--

|  "I thought I was dead.  Then I found I was just using a
|        "PC and SweatyDOS.  It was worse than dead!"
|          What Little Bill really meant to say ...

2. Apache problem ? Netscape stalls

3. Unable to handle kernel paging request SLS 1.03 ftape-diff

4. elf binary type "0" not known.

5. SLS 1.03...unable to create new users!

6. Way to change greeting and goodbye from wu-ftpd?

7. How to upgrade from SLS 1.03 to SLS 1.05

8. LILO Install Mistake

9. SLS 1.02 -> SLS 1.03 how?

10. SL/IP for linux SLS 1.03

11. Installing SLS 1.03 using Lilo???