booting dos and linux (without boot disk) question

booting dos and linux (without boot disk) question

Post by gary fro » Tue, 25 Oct 1994 06:49:20

Quote:>     Hi,
>          I have three partitions 1- dos, 2- linux and 3- linux swap space ...
>  my linux version is 1.1.1 ... whenever
>    i want to boot my linux i need to have my boot disk into my A drive . How
>  can I make it boot dos or linux without
>    using my boot disk ...help ... thanks

Take a look at the lilo FAQ/HOWTO's.  It'll save you booting from
floppy each time!

--
gary frost

Post by Rey Andra » Sun, 23 Oct 1994 07:59:37

    Hi,
         I have three partitions 1- dos, 2- linux and 3- linux swap space ... my linux version is 1.1.1 ... whenever
   i want to boot my linux i need to have my boot disk into my A drive . How can I make it boot dos or linux without
   using my boot disk ...help ... thanks
--
Rey Andrada

 *************************                     ********************************

1. ***How to boot linux without boot disk***

I have Linux mandrake 5.1 installed and using bootmagic to boot windows Me
and Linux. however, when i choose linux in the bootmagic menu, it doesn't
boot rather display many "00" in my screen? How come?
I have to restart my computer and then use the linux bootdisk to start
linux.
Help please! Thanks

2. Netscape1.1N memory leak?

3. Booting Linux from Dos, problem with boot disk !

4. Best SCSI-II and 8mm tape

5. Can Linux use ISA PnP cards if the system has a "PnP Bios" ?

6. Using a Dos boot disk to boot Linux

7. Alphaserver 7100

8. No boot prompt without boot disk

9. Can't boot to DOS without a system disk -- help!

10. dual booting NT and linux without windows boot loaders