GATEWAY with CM 205 CD-ROM

Post by Philipp Florschue » Wed, 07 Sep 1994 19:15:18

Hello,

probably I am wrong with this, because I do not know, what
GATEWAY is (not a routing device?).
I have a 1.1.13 Kernel with LMSCD0.3 Patches applied,
which is perfectly working for me. (No audio). I use
IRQ 5 as well, and the default portadress (340 probably).
I use 24 as major number.

Ahoj, Philipp______________________________________________

GATEWAY with CM 205 CD-ROM

Post by Tom Karch » Thu, 08 Sep 1994 14:30:03

Quote:> Howdy!
> I've been working on getting this driver patched into my kernel and I'm

having some luck. I do have I problem with intializing of the CD-ROM at
boot time. I canhear the CD-ROM intialize and spin up but then I get an
ERROR message "unable to
Quote:> get IRQ 5 for LMS_CDROM". Then when I try to mount it I get a "invald

block device" message.

Quote:> I've done all of the intialization that is in the readme file and have
tried a
> differ IRQ, with no luck.

> I would appericate any help that you can give.

If your CM205 was made after June of 93, it won't work with the patched
driver. Phillips changed the drive electronics and it won't work with the
old driver.

I found this out in the docs for the Summer 94 Ygaddrasil Linux release.

I have firsthand experience as I own a post June 93 CM205 :-(

Tom

Tom Karches        **  Integral Systems ** Consulting and Training **

Dallas, Texas    -- RUAUU2? --    "Demystifying computers since 1990"

GATEWAY with CM 205 CD-ROM

Post by Gianni Marchet » Sun, 11 Sep 1994 01:00:25

: If your CM205 was made after June of 93, it won't work with the patched
: driver. Phillips changed the drive electronics and it won't work with the
: old driver.

: I found this out in the docs for the Summer 94 Ygaddrasil Linux release.

: I have firsthand experience as I own a post June 93 CM205 :-(

: Tom

Same problem. Is there a way to solve it? Will Philips release the
new electronics specs?
Bye,
     Gianni

1. GATEWAY with CM 205 CD-ROM

I was wondering if anyone has heard of a CM 205 CD-ROM and if there is linux support for it.
The adapter board has a NCR chip on and it also says it is a SCSI. Unfortunately I haven't seen to many SCSI cards with a connector that has less than 20 pins. Anyway, I bought this Linux CD and the thought of loading it on to doze and then dragging it over to Linux makes me shiver...:)
Thanks for any help!

2. COMMERCIAL: Beta testers for Accelerated-X Release 1.2

3. Talon CM 205 CD-ROM

4. one time password

5. Current driver for CM 205 CD-ROM

6. How to specify additional libraries

7. CD-Rom driver Philips cm 205

8. Problem installing enhanced security

9. Does Linux support the CD-ROM drive Philips CM-205?

10. Support for a Philips CM-205 1x CD-ROM drive?

11. CM 205 CD-ROM

12. Slackware 1.2.2 doesn't see Philips CM 205 CD-ROM

13. Phillips CM 205 CD ROM support