Can 1.1.8 kernel support single IDE controller with 4 drives?

Can 1.1.8 kernel support single IDE controller with 4 drives?

Post by the Duc » Wed, 08 Jun 1994 13:17:41

can anyone tell me if kernel version 1.1.8 can support a single ide vlb
controller that supports 4 hard drives? and 4 floppies as well??

any info would be greatly appreciated...

I remember reading about this some time ago (6 mo?) but didnt follow it
because things werent important at the time :)

thanks,
-- >howie

Dept of Electrical Engineering
University of Delaware

1. Help Mounting 3rd IDE drive on a single KT410A EIDE controller

I have read through countless HOW-TO's FAQ's and README's, looked at the
atdisk2 patches, and still cannot get the third drive recognized by
fdisk -l.

The atdisk2 patch involves modifying a controller's "fingers", and
also was meant for a older kernel.

Directions, pointers to a FAQ I may have missed, or a flat "cant be done"
would be appreciated.

--
  __  __   __ | .__.  __. ::::  Carlos Dominguez - Cyberdude & Gophermaster

 ____________________________   I'm Looking for employment in the NYC area.

2. Hard- and software inventory of workstations on SCO Unix?

3. four ide drives on single controller - need patches

4. Sorry if this is a FAQ...X and Term

5. : PCI IDE Hard-drive Controller is supported ?

6. how to clone identical harddrive (of an IBM M20)

7. Two-channel ide controllers + 3rd ide drive?

8. Help with Redhat 4.2 install, please!!!

9. Linux on 2nd IDE drive on 2nd IDE controller?

10. Tested: Journaling Filesystems on Linux software RAID-5 using IDE-drives and 2 IDE controller cards

11. 160gb IDE drives - offical kernel support?

12. 80G IDE drive support under 2.2.16 kernel?

13. 2 IDE HDD and 1 IDE CDROM kernel supporting problem