Dosemu0.52 : Segmentation fault?

Post by b14000.. » Fri, 22 Jul 1994 15:42:09

I'm pretty new to Linux so I wish I can get some help from you experts in this
group. I recently installed Slackware 2.0 in my AMD66 machine. Then I tried to
make dosemu. As pointed out by one of you, I recompiled a new kernel for it. It
is supposed to be the newest--1.1.31. The kernel done. The making of dosemu is
also smooth. I cp the dosemu.conf and, as instructed by the Quickstart, typed
dos -A. The screen then showed:

0 error(s) detected while parsing the configuration file
0 warning(s) detected while parsing the configuration file
Segmentation fault

and the machine hanged.It simply died. I couldn't even reboot it by
Ctrl+Alt+Del.
So what was the problem? Could any of you spare some time to help me? Thankx a
lot!

Jason.

Post by Jeong L » Sat, 23 Jul 1994 01:11:44

: I'm pretty new to Linux so I wish I can get some help from you experts in this
: group. I recently installed Slackware 2.0 in my AMD66 machine. Then I tried to
: make dosemu. As pointed out by one of you, I recompiled a new kernel for it. It
: is supposed to be the newest--1.1.31. The kernel done. The making of dosemu is
: also smooth. I cp the dosemu.conf and, as instructed by the Quickstart, typed
: dos -A. The screen then showed:

: 0 error(s) detected while parsing the configuration file
: 0 warning(s) detected while parsing the configuration file
: Segmentation fault

: and the machine hanged.It simply died. I couldn't even reboot it by
: Ctrl+Alt+Del.
: So what was the problem? Could any of you spare some time to help me? Thankx a
: lot!

: Jason.

I have run into the same problem after I upgraded my kernel to 1.1.31.  I
guess there is something in the kernel that DOSEMU 0.52 doesn't like.
I have gotten DOSEMU to work with kernel versions 1.1.27 and prior.

:
: : 0 error(s) detected while parsing the configuration file
: : 0 warning(s) detected while parsing the configuration file
: : Segmentation fault
:
: : and the machine hanged.It simply died. I couldn't even reboot it by
: : Ctrl+Alt+Del.
: : So what was the problem? Could any of you spare some time to help me? Thankx a
: : lot!
:
: : Jason.
:
: I have run into the same problem after I upgraded my kernel to 1.1.31.  I
: guess there is something in the kernel that DOSEMU 0.52 doesn't like.
: I have gotten DOSEMU to work with kernel versions 1.1.27 and prior.
:

:
        The DOSEMU 0.52 work with kernel versons 1.1.30 and prior.  It
doesnt work with the 1.1.32 version also .

Leung

Post by Leung Leu » Sat, 23 Jul 1994 23:59:48

: : : I'm pretty new to Linux so I wish I can get some help from you experts in this
: : : group. I recently installed Slackware 2.0 in my AMD66 machine. Then I tried to
: : : make dosemu. As pointed out by one of you, I recompiled a new kernel for it. It
: : : is supposed to be the newest--1.1.31. The kernel done. The making of dosemu is
: : : also smooth. I cp the dosemu.conf and, as instructed by the Quickstart, typed
: : : dos -A. The screen then showed:
: :
[...]

        The newest version 1.1.31 seems still cannot correct the problem ...:(

Post by Leung Leu » Sun, 24 Jul 1994 00:02:48

: : : : I'm pretty new to Linux so I wish I can get some help from you experts in this
: : : : group. I recently installed Slackware 2.0 in my AMD66 machine. Then I tried to
: : : : make dosemu. As pointed out by one of you, I recompiled a new kernel for it. It
: : : : is supposed to be the newest--1.1.31. The kernel done. The making of dosemu is
: : : : also smooth. I cp the dosemu.conf and, as instructed by the Quickstart, typed
: : : : dos -A. The screen then showed:
: : :
[...]

:                          ^^^^^^

Sorry ...!!!! It should be the version 1.1.33  ....

:
:
:
:

1. Trouble making HARD DRIVE IMAGE for dosemu0.52

        I have Linux kernel 1.1.29, SLS release 1.00, and dosemu 0.52.
My set up is a 486-50 with two hard drives(C: and D:), both of which have DOS
and Linux partitions.  My problem is that I want to make a hard drive image
of the DOS partition of C: drive.  I type

        mkhdimage -h 12 -s 35 -c 503 > hdimage

and I always get a 128 byte file which obviously cannot be an image of my 100
MB DOS partition.  The documentation on this is rather scarce and I was
wondering just how large this file will get.  Can anyone help me out?

        Much thanks,

        Simon

2. Printing problem

3. Dosemu0.52

4. SCO 5.0.4 filesystem with compression

5. dosemu0.52 and no Logitech mouse :-)

6. Q: Linux NIS+ client (autofs)

7. dosemu0.52 and Flaming death

8. Check remote mail accounts