TV+Radio card under redhat 7.1...

Post by Petasis Georg » Fri, 11 May 2001 14:52:32

Hi all,

I have a tv+radio card (Xtreme 98 from AimsLabs which have closed ;-)).
Installing redhat does not seem to add support for this (all versions from
6 to 7.1). And I have never had any success working it with the precompiled
modules that came with the kernel.

What I did every after update/install, was to download the latest bttv
driver,
install the kernel sources, compile bttv and use that. At least the tv
section
worked that way.

Now that I have installed 7.1 with XFree 4.0.3, I was wondering if I could
do
anything better. I know that things like video4linux and the new XFree
extension
XVideo (????) exist, but how I can use them? I have visited the XFree86.org
site
and red informations about these but I am not sure how I can set things up.
Although in my X server the v4l extension gets loaded, nor xawtv neither
kwintv
work. Is the a tutorial/other info about these?

Thanks,

George

1. Hauppauge TV/Radio Card

Hello,

first I say thanks to everyone, who send me information about the
problems I had with te full screen mode.
Now I can watch TV on my Linux system, but I can't listen to the radio.

Questions:
* Can I listen to the radio with the BT848 module or I have to install a
special module for the Radio?
* Maybe if you have a Hauppauge TV/Radio Card send me your
"conf.modules" file and tell me wat kind of     Radio program you use.?

Greetings
            Berco van Gool

2. help! - installing Qualcomm's POP server on Solaris 2.2 or Irix 5.3

3. 2.5.68-mm3 and a simple mistake

4. Q: TV and/or Radio cards?

5. Time in your prompt

6. Which Radio/TV Tuner Cards Work with Linux?

7. No emacs under XFree86A?

8. SuSE 7.0 and TV/Radio cards

9. Pace TV & radio card under RH 6.1

10. TV/Radio card under SuSe 7.0