50 lines on VGA console?

Post by William Wa » Thu, 07 Jul 1994 12:23:41

How do you display 50 lines on the console with a VGA monitor/adapter?
I don't have X running (yet) but would like to have 50 lines like I do
in DOS.

--Bill.

50 lines on VGA console?

Post by Kevin Spous » Tue, 12 Jul 1994 15:17:24

Quote:>How do you display 50 lines on the console with a VGA monitor/adapter?
>I don't have X running (yet) but would like to have 50 lines like I do
>in DOS.

This works for me booting from a floppy:

rdev -v /dev/fd0 2

so I would imagine you could do:

rdev -v /vmlinuz 2      or
rdev -v /zlilo 2

with the same results..

do the rdev command and reboot.  You should now be in 50 line mode until you
change the kernel with rdev -v again.

1. 50 line vga

A day or two ago someone asked how to make the default screen 50 lines.
I understood the answer to be to change the /etc/lilo.conf entry from
`vga = normal' to `vga = 0' and run `lilo'.  I must be missing something.
I tried that and it didn't do anything.  I ahve slakware 2.0, if that
is any help.  Can someone tell me what (no doubt silly) thing I
am missing?  Or point me to the LaTeX file `lilo.14.n.gz' that
the faq seems to mention?

2. AIXTIPS NEWS 92200

3. VGA 50-line mode?

4. Old scanner

5. RH 7.0 : change console text lines from 25 to 50 or higher ?

6. Turning on backing store?

7. 25/50 Line Console Mode

8. Linux and Multiport Ethernet cards

9. 50-line console mode

10. Question: How to get 50 lines on console

11. NEWBIE: How do I increase console display from from 25 to 50 lines?

12. 50 lines in "default" text console?

13. 43/50 line console programming