RH 6.0 IP Masquerading

Post by Scott D. Davi » Tue, 17 Aug 1999 04:00:00

Hey all:

I am using RH 6.0, and IP masquerading with a cable modem.

I want to be able to see who is "connected" behind my RH box (internal LAN
traffic going out).

Example: I want to check ina nd see who is "connected" to the net via my RH
box.  I run this util, and it shows me who is connected, and where they are
connected to.  Possible?

Is there a way to do it, or a pre-built tool I can use?

Thanks for all input,
Scott

RH 6.0 IP Masquerading

Post by CJ » Tue, 17 Aug 1999 04:00:00

> Hey all:

> I am using RH 6.0, and IP masquerading with a cable modem.

> I want to be able to see who is "connected" behind my RH box (internal LAN
> traffic going out).

> Example: I want to check ina nd see who is "connected" to the net via my RH
> box.  I run this util, and it shows me who is connected, and where they are
> connected to.  Possible?

> Is there a way to do it, or a pre-built tool I can use?

> Thanks for all input,
> Scott

netwatch

http://metalab.unc.edu/pub/Linux/system/network/monitor/

RH 6.0 IP Masquerading

Post by Scott D. Davi » Thu, 19 Aug 1999 04:00:00

I tried netwatch and while it is close to the best I have tried, it still
leaves gaps.  Is there a tool I can use from a win desktop, or another
utilavailable?  I want to be able to:

1) See a report on usage for ip_masq for a given period of time
2) See who is using ip_masq at any given instant.

Anything like that for use?  Linux, Win9x?  GUI?

Thanks again for all the input, have a great day!
Scott

> > Hey all:

> > I am using RH 6.0, and IP masquerading with a cable modem.

> > I want to be able to see who is "connected" behind my RH box (internal
LAN
> > traffic going out).

> > Example: I want to check ina nd see who is "connected" to the net via my
RH
> > box.  I run this util, and it shows me who is connected, and where they
are
> > connected to.  Possible?

> > Is there a way to do it, or a pre-built tool I can use?

> > Thanks for all input,
> > Scott

> netwatch

> http://metalab.unc.edu/pub/Linux/system/network/monitor/

RH 6.0 IP Masquerading

Post by Jason Rile » Sat, 21 Aug 1999 04:00:00

Scott,

    Recently I setup a cable modem network of my own here in my house.  I was
wondering what you did as far a security, and also ipmasquerading.  My network
runs fine, but I can't get it to process UDP packets (what systems like
Battle.net use), and I can't do ICQ file sends to anyone who is also behind a
similar firewall network.

-riley

> Hey all:

> I am using RH 6.0, and IP masquerading with a cable modem.

1. RH Linux 6.0, DSL,IP-Masquerading and VPN

Friends,
I'm trying to set a Linux server which will connect to DSL(only one IP
address) and serve to my internal network of six PC's using Masquerading.
Also I have to have the capability to establish VPN using any one of the
clients.

Any useful information/links etc..are sought.

Cheers and Thankyou very much in advance.

Satya Chauhan
San Jose

2. Double password security?

3. IP masquerading wint RH 5.2 multiple IP

4. finding your hard drives

5. IP for masqueraded net other than masquerading host IP

6. Any dangers in removing NetBEUI????

7. Diald+IP Masquerading+RedHat 6.0

8. Removing Linux

9. Problem with IP Masquerading under RH 6.2

10. ip masquerading with RH 7.x

11. IP masquerading help needed with RH 6.1

12. IP Masquerading does not work with RH 6.1

13. RH 7.0 and IP Masquerading