slackware (x + libs)

Post by infra-r » Sun, 03 Feb 2002 03:31:14

i just installed slackware and firstly i can use startx to get into x
as root, but as any otehr user name i get "not aurthorised to acces x
server". what uid do i need to log into an x server? also slackware
came with fewer libs than red hat libs, are all the libs on one of the
other cd's or do i have to download em

slackware (x + libs)

Post by Wild Wizar » Mon, 04 Feb 2002 19:10:12

> i just installed slackware and firstly i can use startx to get into x
> as root, but as any otehr user name i get "not aurthorised to acces x
> server". what uid do i need to log into an x server? also slackware
> came with fewer libs than red hat libs, are all the libs on one of the
> other cd's or do i have to download em

thats odd could you tell us which slack version and some more info about
what you did to install it

slack specific problem so ...
X-posted to alt.os.linux.slackware + comp.os.linux.help
followups to alt.os.linux.slackware

--
You have junk mail.

slackware (x + libs)

Post by infra-r » Mon, 04 Feb 2002 23:30:49

slackware
8.0.0
i know its an early version, but i want to keep it. i did a full
install of the first cd, and nothing off the other 2(source and
contrib)
thanx
infra

1. /usr/lib/gcc-lib/i386-linux and /usr/lib/gcc-lib/i486-linux

Hi Linuxers,

I just got a new copy of gcc-2.4.5 and source code of the pl11.
After having done the installation of gcc-2.4.5, I realised that
I have an extra directory: /usr/lib/gcc-lib/i386-linux.
The question is whether I need to keep the old gcc stuff under
the i386-linux.  I really like to clean it up so as to save 5.1
meg disk space (another poor Linux user  ;-( ).

Your answer is very appreciated.  Please send answer directly
to my address or the corresponding interest parties to reduce
the network load.  Thank you in advance.

Wing

2. Linux *SECRETS*

3. Help - shared libs lib****.so.4 lib***.so.5

4. Looking for PD NFS

5. Slackware 2.2's GCC doesn't link X libs

6. SLS 1.03: cannot open /etc/boot.env message on starting.

7. tcl/tk lib problem from slackware

8. Bootp Success (long)

9. Linux v1.0 Slackware /usr/lib/smail/routers file missing

10. One more time : Help installing compressed libs Slackware 2.3

11. New kernel, libs for Slackware 1.0.3

12. Help with lib configurations on Slackware 3.0

13. missing libs liby.a slackware 2.0