Can't Open Xconsole???

Post by Mike Ha » Fri, 05 Aug 1994 00:39:20

I try to open my xconsole so I can see talk requests etc when I am
running olvwm.  I get a can't open console error message in the little
console window.  I am using a 1.0.8 version.  Thanks!

Mike

1. xconsole 'Couldn't open console'

Hi,

 I hope somebody can give me a pointer to a how to or something for xconsole.
 Trying to start xconsole I invariably get the message ? Couldn't open console
 ?. This happens also when I try to start it as root (/dev/console is rw for
 root only). The DISPLAY variable is set to ':0.0', and all error/printf
 messagesd from my programs appear on the console, as I can see when switching
 back with ctrl+alt+F1.

 What is it that I haven't understood here ?
 Thanks for your tips .

 Armand

--
email: armand(double u)(at)xs(four)all(dot)nl

-----------------????????????????????-------------------
- Stop the execution of Mumia Abu-Jamal!!              -
- Copy these 3 sentences to your own sig.              -
- http://www.xs4all.nl/~tank/spg-l/sigaction.htm       -
-----------------????????????????????-------------------

http://mojo.calyx.net/~refuse/mumia/index.html

2. SPEA media fx with LINUX ???

3. Why can't open /dev/console when user xconsole ???

4. mouse not detected..

5. xconsole : Couldn't open console !!!

6. Wireless LAN Adapters

7. xconsole couldn't open

8. PATH conventions for Solaris

9. xconsole can't open /dev/console?

10. can't open xconsole

11. xconsole - Error Couldn't open console

12. xconsole: Couldn't open console

13. xconsole can't open /dev/console