Adaptec 1542CF interrupt error

Post by Kok Ewe T » Thu, 19 May 1994 16:02:37

I have the "interrupt detected but no mail" error with my adaptec
1542CF which I just bought. I've already checked out the FAQ and
disabled the BIOS but the error still occurs when I try to mke2fs a
newly created partition.

It seems that there are also others with the same problem here but I
have not seen an answer yet. I'm using kernel v1.0.9 and a seagate
st2400N scsi-fast hard drive if this info is useful.

--
Leonard Tan

UUCP     : constellation.ecn.uoknor.edu!hyades!leonard

Adaptec 1542CF interrupt error

Post by m.dill.. » Mon, 23 May 1994 22:49:00

Quote:> I have the "interrupt detected but no mail" error with my adaptec
> 1542CF which I just bought. I've already checked out the FAQ and
> disabled the BIOS but the error still occurs when I try to mke2fs a
> newly created partition.

Hi, I had the same error message and I found a simple solution:

Disable the "Dynamically scan for BIOS-devices" in your Adaptec setup, and
everything will work fine (I hope).

FORMAT C: /S
Are you sure? Press ANY key to continue or any other key to cancel
## CrossPoint v3.02 ##

1. Adaptec 1542CF - No mail on interrupt

Hi,
    Does anyone know of any problems using an Adaptec 1542CF in an 486SLC
    based system with the PATH 411 chipset and AWARD BIOS. I have a friend
    with this configuration, running a 1.1.49 level kernel, who receives a
    message similar to the following at boot time:

        Interrupt received but no mail.

    However, with a 1510 controller installed, his system will work with
    either a 1.1.49 level kernel or the standard kernel from the Yggdrasil
    Summer 94 distribution but does not work with the standard kernel from the
    Slackware 2.0 distribution.

    I have a 486SLC system with the OPTI chipset and AMI bios and have no
    problems using the 1542CF with a 1.1.49 kernel.

    Thanks in advance.

DNA Enterprises Inc
Plano, TX

2. Mysql and Apache 1.3.9

3. ADAPTEC 1542CF: interrupt but no mail

4. Is it possible to have swap space over a network (Diskless Workstation)

5. un-reliable SCSI problems (Adaptec 1542CF), no errors

6. Writing to MagnetoOptical disks without a Filesystem

7. Inode errors on Conner 1060S/Adaptec 1542CF-HELP

8. Pb with SIGIO signal and sockets

9. Adaptec 1542CF + HP97549T100 1 Gb SCSI-II HD

10. Help - Adaptec 1542CF no longer Works

11. Adaptec AHA-1542CF and UMAX Vista S6E scanner

12. Ultrastore 34F vs Adaptec 1542CF

13. Using Adaptec 1542cf with harddrive