WP 60 install can't find /dev/XOR

Post by Greg Humphre » Fri, 18 Nov 1994 03:20:33

: +---------------
: | /dev/XOR: No such file or directory
: | Now, before you flame me for my /dev/XOR not being there and I should read the
: | ibcs manual, I DO have a /dev/XOR.  I tried having it a link to /dev/null, I
: +------------->8

: It's /dev/X0R --- that's a digit zero, not an uppercase "o".  As in, X device
: 0.  DISPLAY=:1.0 would cause iBCS2 X software to use /dev/X1R, but the iBCS2
: emulator doesn't support that at present.  (See the ibcs2 package README for
: the*details.  Basically, we would need a simulation of the STREAMS pipe
: interface, since /dev/X?R on iBCS2 is the other end of a STREAMS pipe
: allocated by a STREAMS putmsg() call on /dev/spx.)

: ++Brandon
: --

: Linux development:  iBCS2, JNOS, MH                                    ~\U
: Controlling application developers is like herding cats. --Oracle DBA Manual

*SIGH*.  Why didn't they say that in the documentation.  My zero looks just like
my o on my terminal.
--

http://www.veryComputer.com/~humper  (And the wind cried ... Humper)
:q :q! :wq :w :w! :wq! :quit :quit! :help help helpquit quit quithelp

WP 60 install can't find /dev/XOR

Post by Greg Humphre » Wed, 16 Nov 1994 07:55:05

well, by reinstalling the wp.tar twice, I finally got farther in the install
proces.. I'm running 1.1.59, and I have the most recent version of iBCS.

Anyhow, before, the install program would just quit after it told me that it
was the install program.  Now, it says, *please wait* decompressing files,
gives me a bunch of lines that say .\c (which I assume are some sort of
progress indicator), and then says:

/dev/XOR: No such file or directory
cannot open :0.0 (or something).

Now, before you flame me for my /dev/XOR not being there and I should read the
ibcs manual, I DO have a /dev/XOR.  I tried having it a link to /dev/null, I
tried creating it with mknod c 3 1, nothing works.  it's definitely there.  I
even did a chmod 777 /dev/null in case it needed execute permission.  Nothing.
What the hell's going on?

And yes, I'm running this as root.

--

http://humper.student.princeton.edu/~humper  (And the wind cried ... Humper)
:q :q! :wq :w :w! :wq! :quit :quit! :help help helpquit quit quithelp
:quitplease :quitnow :leave :shit ^X^C ^C ^D ^Z ^Q QUITDAMMIT ^[:wq
(**)

1. Ultra 60 cannot find scsi devices after doing a jumpstart install

Hi all,

  Need your expert assistance for this problem.
I jumpstarted a Ultra 60 SCSI server, and it seems not be able to find
any scsi devices after the installations.  (Solaris 2.6)  It basically
boots up, trys to do a fsck on /dev/rdsk/c0t0d0s0, and complains that
it can't "stat" the device and boots me in single user mode.  Which is
only a "read-only" filesystem. I do a "format" and it can't find any
disks. So something is screwy with the /dev and /devices file.  See
below

I added the following to my post-install (rules - finish scripts) on
my jumpstart server.

 rm /a/dev/dsk/c* /a/dev/rdsk/c*
                /usr/sbin/drvconfig -r /a/devices -p
/a/etc/path_to_inst
                /usr/sbin/devlinks -r /a
                /usr/sbin/disks -r /a
                /usr/sbin/tapes -r /a
                /usr/sbin/ports -r /a
                /usr/sbin/audlinks -r /a

This should re-create all the scsi devices for me. I used the devfsadm
utility with a Solaris 8 install for an Ultra 60 and it works find.
Any suggestions here?

2. enlightenment under kde?

3. WP demo says /dev/XON doesn't exist

4. Script help on SGI

5. Dev's Dev's Dev's

6. SCO UNIX DAT Device Driver Wanted

7. install of wp demo, hung at /dev/X0R: No such file or directory

8. include/gnu

9. WARNING: floppy: I/O after close of fd0 dev 2/60

10. vmstat 60 and 'de' column

11. process 'X' takes 60 MO !

12. PATCH - avoid 'defined but not used' warning in xor.h on i386

13. iCBS -- /dev/XOR