Help: Linux Slackware won't recognise my RLL drives.

Help: Linux Slackware won't recognise my RLL drives.

Post by Gorko » Sun, 05 Feb 1995 23:27:50

I'm using a 386/33 motherboard with ami bois, vga, 5mb ram, multi-io
board, and 2 Rll drives that I had on the macine befor upgrading.
The rll drives have an 8bit card, that work's with dos.
I'm using the xt kernal, is this the right one to use?
Am I doing something wrong?
Any help apreicated.
Thanks
Mike

"To the Undiscovered Country, the Future" Chancellor Gorkon of the
Klingon High Council.
#Include <stddisclaim.h>

You can contact me by the following:

--

#Include <stddiscalim.h>

Public PGP Key.

1. HELP: Slackware 2.2.0 won't recognize my ATAPI/IDE CDROM drive

        I've recently purchased slackware on CDROM but can't seem to get
the thing installed onto my system from the CDROM drive.  When I use the
idecd.gz boot disk I get no confimation that my drive exists and when I
try to run setup it says that it can't find a CDROM drive attached to
either the primary or secondary conroller.

        The problem, I suspect, is that the drive is attached to a
jumperless Mitsumi Mozart sound card.  The drive is also a Mitsumi but
has an IDE interface.  DOS/Windows have no problem with the drive but, of
course, DOS loads the proper drivers that configure the I/O address and
IRQ at bootup.

        If anyone has dealt with this problem before and found a
solution, I'd appreciate hearing it.  I know that if worse comes to worse
I can load the CD onto my hard drive and install from there but I'd like
to be able to access the CDROM drive in the future from Linux as well.

T. Gibson

2. SMP processor identification

3. Linux doesn't recognize HDB in IDE/RLL system

4. httpd suddenly stops as result of proces limit?

5. Installing Slackware Linux on 2nd (RLL) drive

6. need patch help

7. Linux 1.2.1/slackware 2.2 doesn't recognize atapi cd-rom drive

8. open file limit

9. Linux won't recognize my first hard drive as DOS

10. Installing Linux- Won't recognize hard drive

11. Slackware 3.0.0 won't recognize SCSI CD-ROM

12. 'Toolkit for Linux' won't recognize CDROM

13. Slackware won't recognize MCA SCSI controller