apt-get withough debian?

Post by Anithen N » Sat, 28 Jun 2003 01:32:03

I there a way to use apt-get on redhat 7.3?
--
      _
      ._.

apt-get withough debian?

Post by Mike » Sat, 28 Jun 2003 03:51:44

> I there a way to use apt-get on redhat 7.3?

There is an apt package you can download from rpmfind.net.  Just do a
search for apt, and download the redhat 7.3 package.

Mike.

apt-get withough debian?

Post by Anithen N » Sat, 28 Jun 2003 15:56:48

>> I there a way to use apt-get on redhat 7.3?

> There is an apt package you can download from rpmfind.net.  Just do a
> search for apt, and download the redhat 7.3 package.

> Mike.

Thank you.
--
      _
      ._.
 -> Curtis N.
           A cute, well developed signature, like the rest?  I think not.
                 -
                \ //
                 ._.
                    -

1. Debian Apt-get won't work through win98ICS connection- but everything else does

Hi,

Setup:
I have a debian machine hooked up via ethernet crossover to my win98
machine. The win98 machine is sharing it's dialup connection; it has ICS
enabled. The win98 machine has a local IP of 192.168.0.1 with netmask
255.255.255.0. The debian box has an IP of 192.168.0.2 with netmask
255.255.255.0. I've told the debian box that the gateway is the win98
machine 192.168.0.1. I've also put in the DNS servers of my ISP in the
resolv.conf file. They're also in the win setup too. I have no firewall on
either machines.

Problem:
The debian machine can ping the win machine. It can ping the dns servers.
It can ping most sites and resolve most sites. But whenever I tried to apt-
get a site, it won't connect. The furthest it's gone has been 0% [waiting
for file]. I've tried http connection and ftp, neither work. Apt did work
at one point through through the debian box's old modem.

I don't want to reverse the connections. I don't wnat to use the debian
box's modem anymore. I want the linux machine to apt-get through the
windows connection. Any ideas how I might get this to work?

Thanks

I'd be happy to supply more info.

2. netscape messenger crashes with bus error

3. Debian woody -> apt-get probleme (cannot find answer else where)

4. fsck

5. Bummed by debian apt-get

6. the network connection to the internet have problem

7. apt-get woes & OpenSSH on Debian potato

8. LPlite, anyone?

9. an apt-get question [debian]

10. Debian & apt-get & libc6 & ERROR - MD5Sum ... eh?!?

11. Debian apt-get and proxies

12. A list of apt-get install programs for debian

13. debian apt-get error