New kernel making my install disks read only???????

New kernel making my install disks read only???????

Post by Jason Arno » Sat, 30 Apr 1994 08:26:18

        Whenever I try to install Slackware 1.1.1 Linux, I get
CANNOT CREATE /MNT/FSTAB:  READ ONLY FILE SYSTEM
at various places and setup quits.  This must be refering to the root disk
since I can format my linux partition ok.  I tried reRAWRITEing but the same
thing occured.  I think my kernel disk must be responsible (I have to use two
disks to boot since 3 1/2").  I got the new IN2000 kernel for one of the
archives and this started happening.  Before, it would install fine (I just
couldn't boot except with the installation disks).
        Is there anyway to change this?  Any help would be appreciated.
Thanks :)

|  Your stature is that of the palm,

|  I said "I will climb the palm tree;
|    I will take hold of its fruit."
       --Song of Songs 7:7-8a, the Bible
PGP key available via Finger (I think...)

1. Making A New Boot Disk \ Updated kernel

I use a boot disk for starting Linux and can't figure out how to make
a new one that can see the updated kernel. All the how to's assume you
are using LiLo. I followed all the instructions, but after RAM disk,
they don't apply. My lilo.conf file only has what I type at the boot:
prompt, so editing it isn't possible. Thanks to all - Chris

2. Disk errors on second drive.

3. making new Redhat 4.2 install disk for PS/2 system

4. Please help with Options ExecCGI

5. made new boot disk - how do I install from InfoMagic CDROMs?

6. URGENT HELP REQUIRED!

7. making a new SLS install disk (a1.3)

8. 3.2.4.2 t_open error with Sybase 10

9. Making a new kernel - CVSuped, not made world yet.

10. Kernel Panic when reading ROOT disk during install

11. how do I copy a new kernel from install disk to my installation

12. Question: Post-install/new kernel boot disk creation....

13. Installing a new kernel on the Slackware Boot disk!