squid question.

Post by Kapil Seth » Tue, 07 Mar 2000 04:00:00

hi,

        I just wanted to know wether we can do reverse
proxying with squid.
        and if yes which arrangement will give a faster
result?

1. Requests from internet directed directly
towards the 'apache' webserver ?

2. Installing squid to be a reverse proxy which
handles all the requests from internet and passes
them to the webserver ?

since I can't afford a very fast webserver on the
net I would request you people to give it a
serious thought and reply about what could be the
fastest solution for me . I think most of the
content from my site will be pretty static and
some of the content will be dynamically generated
using php-mysql.

-- thankx

Kapil

squid question.

Post by Rick Matthe » Tue, 07 Mar 2000 04:00:00

>     I just wanted to know wether we can do reverse
>proxying with squid.
>     and if yes which arrangement will give a faster
>result?

Have you checked the documentation at the Squid site?
http://www.squid-cache.org/

You should check the FAQ, specifically the section titled:
20.1 What is the httpd-accelerator mode?
You'll find it here:
http://www.squid-cache.org/Doc/FAQ/FAQ-20.html#what-is-httpd-accelerator

1. squid questions, newbie to squid

I am using firestarter firewall with ipmasqing turned on. all users can
access the internet. I am starting to use squid, and I was under the
impression that if I turned off ipmasqing, users would use the squid cache.
I turned of ipmasqing and noone could access the INET. so I turned it back
on, now they can access it again. so I took the default gateway out of the
network configuration, and directed the browsers to go thru the squid proxy
cache,using the IP address of the squid machine, no access to the INET
again. ok so I put the default gateway back in and they access the inet no
problem. ok next I undo the browser configuration in the browser and all can
still access the internet. so I am confused, do I need ipmasqing turned on
so they can access the internet ? yet I want to make sure that certain
people don't access certain sites, or the internet at all. I have been
reading the FAQ and users manual, but it doesn't talk about wha you need as
in ipmasqing or firewalling stuff, at least I haven't found it yet. thanks

2. printing trouble

3. Very basic SQUID questions

4. C compiler incompatibility

5. Semi newbie squid question

6. XFree86 Install Problems

7. Firewall\IPChains\Squid question

8. Undefined Reference to std functions when compiling

9. Squid Question

10. simple squid question

11. Simple newbie squid question

12. Squid Questions