Cardinal SnapPlus Video/Compudyne 1024V monitor !help!

Cardinal SnapPlus Video/Compudyne 1024V monitor !help!

Post by Robert A. Hunl » Fri, 28 Oct 1994 01:20:30

I have a Compudyne 1024V14 monitor from CompUSA (2-3 years old) and a
Cardinal SnapPlus live video card.  The video card has a Tseng ET4000
chip set.  I am running Linux V1.1.8 with OpenWin V3.2, Linux release
.5 and I don't know the XWin version but it was a package deal with the
above programs.  I will look up any further relevant info if you ask me.
*Please Email the relpies to me as I check my mail more than I have time
to fish through the news groups.*  Thanks,

I have tried many variations of the monitors and video cards in the
installation but have been unsuccessful at getting the high res mode to
work.

Currently I have the video card selected as ET4000, 1M which I think is
correct.  The monitor is currently set to LE1024 which gives me very good
screens on the lower res modes, but the high res mode is a tiny screen in
the middle of the monitor.

I have read the HOWTO, etc, but to no avail.  The documentation I have for
the monitor does not give me the clock settings in the format the .h etc.
file is looking for so I don't know how to make my own.

I have also called CompUSA to find out who OEM'd the monitor so that I can
pick the right setting, but to no avail.

Thanks in advance for your help.

1. trouble finding the right modeline for matrox card/compudyne monitor

I have a matrox mystique 220 w/4 megs ram. I have read the various x faqs, as
well as the matrox driver faq.

sigh, anyway, after slugging through a long and painful install of xfree86
3.3.1 I am stuck. For some reason I can only run X in 600x480 27.51Khz mode.
Every other modeline is listed by the server like this:

(--) SVGA: Mode "800x600" needs hsync freq of 35.16 kHz. Deleted.

I've been able to run X in lots of different modes before. My monitors stats
are:
horizontal: 31.5,34-38,35.52,48 Khz
vertical: 50-90Hz

Anyone have any ideas that I might try?

2. Jpine

3. X config for Compudyne 14 monitor?

4. how to prevent the cover page come out

5. compudyne kd1450 monitor

6. compiling xfig 2.1.7 on solaris 2.1 & OW

7. Diamond Stealth24VLB and Compudyne Monitor

8. Migrating USers from 4.0d to 5.1

9. Question: X, Orchid Fahrenheit 1280 and Compudyne Monitor.

10. Settings for a Compudyne monitor?

11. Compudyne KD1500 monitor - equivalents?

12. Anyone have Compudyne SVGA KD-1440G monitor or similar?

13. X configuration for Compudyne 14 monitor?