Can't load dynamic linker '/lib/ld.so'

Post by Krilovsky Kreuterma » Wed, 14 Dec 1994 10:10:39

I am using the Slackware 2.0.0 to install Linux 1.1.18.  This is being done on
a 486 with 8meg, and on a system that has OS/2 and MSDOS currently installed.

I made a primary partition for Linux (100meg) and a 5meg swapfile on a logical
partition (yes, it's small---too small?).  This I did with OS/2's fdisk.

I then went through the installation process with the Slackware boot and
install disks.  I tagged the partitions as 82 & 83, and formatted them within
the installation process.

When I boot up, I get to OS/2 boot manager, where I select the Linux option.
Lilo starts up, but gets hung on loading the dynamic linker:

    init: can't load dynamic linker '/lib/ld.so'

I did place LILO in the superblock during setup, and chose for it to load
directly.

Is this linker missing from that distribution?  If so, how would I properly
uncompress it.

Any suggestions or comments would be appreciated

Thank you.

                            Krilov

Can't load dynamic linker '/lib/ld.so'

Post by Wibble » Thu, 15 Dec 1994 23:49:45

Quote:> When I boot up, I get to OS/2 boot manager, where I select the Linux option.
> Lilo starts up, but gets hung on loading the dynamic linker:

>     init: can't load dynamic linker '/lib/ld.so'

I had the same problem when installing 2.0.0, all I did was copy ld.so
from the installation root disk and everything worked fine.

1. can't load dynamic linker '/lib/ld.so'

Hello:

In trying to execute the pecompiled program "xli", which I downloaded
from sunsite.unc.edu, I get the error message " can't load dynamic linker
 '/lib/ld.so'".  I tried using the command "ln /lib/ld.so /xli" without
result.  Does anyone know what I am doing wrong?

Thanks for your help.

M.D.B.
Texas A&M University
Dept. of Economics

2. Routing IPX with linux??

3. SMP support and current->mm behaviour on 2.2

4. DIP:can't load dynamic linker '/lib/ld.so'

5. Put Byte magazine back in print!

6. Can't load dynamic linker '/lib/ld.so' message

7. How to make windows Partition visible in Solaris

8. Netscape 2.0 error: 'Can't load /lib/ld.so'

9. error: phigsmon: can't load linker /lib/ld.so ??

10. help:kernel panic on boot, 'can't load dynamic linker '

11. Problem w/ Slack2.3 setup - can't load dynamic linker '/lib/ld.so nor /usr/i486-linux/ld.so'

12. /lib/ld.so: cache '/etc/ld.so.cache' has wrong version ?