setting news server in TRN (slackwar)

Post by Loren Co » Wed, 13 Mar 2002 04:30:49

i used to know this, at least on hpux, but am stumped on my
slackware box.  i tried the file suggested in the man page, no help.

it tries some lengthy "your news server yada" that comes from
somewhere.   i would welcome any speculation, even how
to set an envrionment variable in BASH.  christ, i feel lame
today.

thanks!

  --Loren

setting news server in TRN (slackwar)

Post by s keeli » Wed, 13 Mar 2002 10:42:06

Quote:> i used to know this, at least on hpux, but am stumped on my
> slackware box.  i tried the file suggested in the man page, no help.

> it tries some lengthy "your news server yada" that comes from
> somewhere.   i would welcome any speculation, even how

Could that be /etc/nntpserver ?

Quote:> to set an envrionment variable in BASH.  christ, i feel lame

export NNTPSERVER=your.news.host

I haven't used trn in quite a while, but could you possibly start it
up with a command line switch pointing to your server?  Eg., slrn does
it with "slrn -h your.news.server".

   TopQuark Software & Services.  Contract programmer, server bum.
                Give up Spammers; I use procmail.
How to quote: http://learn.to/quote (Ger.) http://quote.6x.to (Eng.)

1. Help with setting up news with trn

I need some help with trn and linux.  Please excuse my ignorance.  I have trn
compiled and working for use on a NNTP server.  I have no problem reading
news.  But if I want to post, I have a problem.  During the installation of
trn, the program asked for "inews".  I know that inews is used to post
articles.  What is the linux equivalent of inews and where can I ftp the
relevant information and sources for this program.

Thanks for your time!

Sean

--

| <A HREF="ftp://netcom11.netcom.com/pub/starkey/meta.html">WWW page</A>   |

2. Linux Frequently Asked Questions with Answers (Part 6 of 6)

3. trn & rmote news server

4. Enlightenment unenlightened?

5. Setting up a news server (C News or INN)

6. X11 & Avance Logic ALG 2228

7. in innd news server how to set some user can kill news ?

8. modulecmd that works with tcl-tk8.0

9. Why is Trn so slow, yet News from Netscape fast

10. Where could I download TRN(threaded read news)

11. trn and rn news readers reporting out of memory

12. TRN News reader

13. trn to read news