Linux VIRUS Solved (corrupted passwd file)

Linux VIRUS Solved (corrupted passwd file)

Post by Scott Wa » Fri, 06 Jan 1995 05:51:21

An example local passwd file that came with the distribution of
sliplogin somehow corrupted my master /etc/passwd file, after
rebooting from my master boot disk, I succesfully mounted my
root hard drive partition under a temporary mounting point in
my directory structure, and examined the damage.  Hence, the
corrupted passwd file.  After correcting the entries, I had a
working system again.

Many, many thanks to all who responded...with everyone's help I
was back up in less than a few hours....

Thanks again.

Scott Wade

Post by Herbert Rosmani » Mon, 09 Jan 1995 00:48:54

: An example local passwd file that came with the distribution of
: sliplogin somehow corrupted my master /etc/passwd file, after

and you thought it was a Virus. hu. interesting! if I find an
error on my machine, it surely is done by a virus...

: Scott Wade

Herbert Rosmanith                   |   fighting for peace is