Netscape

Post by John Holla » Fri, 24 Feb 1995 10:10:54

How can I get information on setting up Netscape for Linux/X11??? I have
the Netscape binary working but I don't see how to configure it.

Netscape

Post by Jim Ga » Fri, 24 Feb 1995 07:53:59

Where does one enter the news and mail servers for netscape?  Is it a Netscape
conf file?

Jim Gary
EDGAR Services
Chas. P. Young Co.
SYSOP 74431,2516
FPNet Electronic Filers' Forum

Netscape

Post by Dave Mitche » Sat, 25 Feb 1995 00:29:25

> Where does one enter the news and mail servers for netscape?  Is it a Netscape
> conf file?

There should be an "option" item on the menu bar.  This will have
a popup window where you can then configure your mail and news server
as well as lots of other fun options.

Netscape

Post by Bob Willm » Sat, 25 Feb 1995 11:33:33

: Where does one enter the news and mail servers for netscape?  Is it a Netscape
: conf file?

Netscape creates .MCOM* files in you $HOME directory

but you can configure most of what you need from within Netscape with the
        options/preferences menu.

oh yeah... remember to press on the button on the top of ther preferences
window to switch between any of the six (6) prefernces windows.

        Bob

Netscape

Post by Chris Rog » Sun, 26 Feb 1995 08:16:50

: Where does one enter the news and mail servers for netscape?  Is it a Netscape
: conf file?

From the Netscape menu:
Options/Preferences/Directoris, Applications, News
Options/Preferences/Mail and Proxies

Chris
--
+------------------+--------------------------------------------+
| Chris Roger      | Laboratory / Patient Information Systems   |

+------------------+--------------------------------------------+

Netscape

Post by Jeroen Braakma » Sun, 26 Feb 1995 18:54:28

> How can I get information on setting up Netscape for Linux/X11??? I have
> the Netscape binary working but I don't see how to configure it.

There should be a file Netscape.ad in wich you can do some configuring
But in that file there's a statement that say's you have to check under
the options menu first, if you want things to customize.

Gr. Jeroen

Netscape

Post by va.. » Tue, 28 Feb 1995 01:10:29

Where can I find Netscape for Linux?

Netscape

Post by Jim Ga » Mon, 27 Feb 1995 21:19:27

>Where can I find Netscape for Linux?

ftp.mosaic.mcom.com
http://mosaic.mcom.com

Post by Petri Lehton » Thu, 02 Mar 1995 20:37:45

: Where does one enter the news and mail servers for netscape?  Is it a Netscape
: conf file?

Try Options Menu, select preferences. Then select from the little box
the options you want to change Mail and Proxies for mail setup and
Directories, Applications, News for news setup.

Other way to do it by editing ~/.MCOM-preferences.
Petri Lehtonen   | I'm happy, hope you're happy too.

1. Non Netscape Proxy between Netscape Commerce Server & Netscape Browser

When trying to access http://www.internet.net/ we received the following
error within Netscape:

Error 400
Invalid request "CONNECT www.internet.net:443 HTTP/1.0" (unknown method)

When accessing the page through Mosaic we get the page without any errors!

Looking further into this, we realized that the http site was using a Netsite-Commerce/1.0 server.  Another note is internally we access the outside
world using a proxy server(CERN). On further investigation, we realized
that our environment variable in Netscape, Security Proxy, was set to our
proxy server.  Yet our proxy server (CERN) does not offer any of the
security methods.

How can we enable the CERN Proxy server to be able to pass through Netscapes security queries?  Any information would be helpful!

                        Thanks,
                        Vicki.

2. Help: Chips & Technology, Accelerated(new)

3. Netscape has detected a /root/.netscape/lock file????

4. multiple config files on Apache?

5. Netscape 4.7 vs. Netscape 6.2 BASE URL PATH on a apache 1.3.26 server

6. xterm: no available ptys error message???

7. netscape 4 and netscape from faststart living together

8. [RESEND] POSIX ACL configuration option

9. Netscape for X and Netscape for Win95 share cache?

10. problem Netscape Communicator 4.03 not running but netscape 3.04 is running

11. Netscape 4.77 *after* Netscape 6.01 ?!

12. Where to get Netscape Commicator for Solaris othe than Netscape itself?

13. Red Hat 5.0 & Netscape 4.04: Netscape out of memory error?