BusTek BT-747 (EISA) and > 16MB RAM

Post by John R. Campbe » Thu, 04 Nov 1993 08:00:17

Can anybody tell me whether the 747 (and Linux's driver) can handle the
ability to access, say, 32MB of RAM?  The motherboard I'm using is from
a Continental and has enough SIMM space for 64MB and I'd like to know
if I can scale it up.

Of course, if more than 16MB is a problem, I can always allocate the
extra RAM as a RAM drive (for the swap space?).

--

                                                or:     uunet!kd3bj!penrij!soup

1. EISA/ISA DMA limits for >16MB, is this supported?

I have an EISA motherboard, but all my current controller cards are
ISA.  I expect to add more then 16MB of memory before upgrading the
controller cards to EISA cards.  I did a quick look in both the FAQ and
some of the kernal stuff, but no where did I see anything like the
sysvr4 DMAMAXPAGE parameter that tells sysvr4 to restrict DMA to memory
below 16MB.

Is there a parameter like this in linux?  Can this be done on a per
controller basis, ie EISA disk, but ISA ethernet and serial cards?

2. Hanging OSF/1 System

3. UNIX crawls on EISA system >16MB

4. Is it worth my while?

5. HELP! BusTek BT-742A, Plextor DM-3028

6. Script Help

7. Bustek BT-742A driver

8. RH 7.2 and cvs using xinetd

9. Bustek BT-742A with Linux 1.2.1?

10. EISA? Bustek BT1742, EtherCard Plus Elite 32

11. Bustek-742 EISA controller (compatible with Adaptec 1742 ?)

12. >16MB RAM & ISA 24bit DMA??

13. linux slow > 16mb RAM?