Printing / Compiling problems with Linux 1.1.50

Printing / Compiling problems with Linux 1.1.50

Post by Jon Lass » Fri, 07 Oct 1994 21:40:00

I've been having problems with printing under Linux 1.1.50.

Under Linux 1.1.44 (the last patchlevel I had before 1.1.50), I had no
problems with printing.  It's a standard Parallell port connection, to a
DeskJet 500.  After installing the .50 kernel, Linux reports LP1
Off-Line.

I figured that perhaps it was because I had compiled PLIP support into
the kernel, but when I tried to recompile it, I got all sorts of
messages about undefined symbols.  This is what I had before I had my
symlinks for 1.1.50 set up correctly.  But it compiled before! I tried
making the symlinks by hand, but it still wouldn't compile.  How should
they be set up?

Please reply by e-mail (I don't have the time to keep up with the
bandwith of this newsgroup!)

Jon Lasser

1. Compiling kernel 1.1.50

Hello all!

I am trying to recompile kernel 1.1.50 patched from 1.1.44.  My problem
is that everytime that I start make config it gives me an error when the
sound card configuration comes up.  This error stops make all together.
I think the error is something like "no such command"  or "invalid
switch".  It goes by so fast I can't usually see the error.

Does anyone have any idea what's going on here?

Jared Proudfoot

--

2. More SSH woes....

3. Can't compile 1.1.50 - barfs on entry.s

4. use solaris7 ftp client in passive mode?

5. Linux 1.1.50 mount of cdrom, problem

6. File access by multiple users

7. ConfigXF86/Linux 1.1.72/1.1.50

8. Specific put or get command

9. Problems booting 1.1.50 with swap.

10. ftape 1.13b and linux 1.1.50

11. Linux 1.1.50 copy corrupts files

12. problems compliing kernel 1.1.49, 1.1.50

13. Problem building 1.1.50 w/ math emulation