Ftape on Linux 1.0

Post by James Turn » Fri, 25 Mar 1994 19:26:41

I am trying to setup ftape.

I have : ftape-0.9.10
         modutils-0.99.15
         linux-1.0 kernel
         a 486DX-33 computer
         Jumbo 250 Tape drive - connected through floppy controller, I
have removed my high speed controller.

I have followed the instructions in the Install-guide but when I compile
the tape driver it seems to compile OK.  I can do a retension on the
tape, but when I try to write to the tape I get a :

tar (child): can't write to /dev/ftape : I/O error
Broken pipe

Can anyone help me with this.  Oh...BTW I am currently using preformatted
tapes from 3M.

Thanks in Advance,

James.

1. Upgrading suse 5.2 with kde 1.0 to kde 1.0

On the June CD is kde 1.1 as source tar files.

Can I just install the base system and apps overwtiting the existing files
and then install the suse rpms for the underdevelopment rpms on suse cd.
Will suse detect dependacies as fulfilled if I do this.

Alternatively. I want this for the mod player. I downloaded this and tried
to compile it for redhat but it refued. Make generated a load of error
messages.
I must have the files needed to compile as I did a full install and packages
like xzx and snes9x compile and install ok. Anyone got this working
succesfully or can tell me what may be going wrong

2. Virtual Reality web browser will run under Linux

3. HTTP/1.0" 304 0 HTTP/1.0 304 Not

4. *sources* for perl 4.036 on Linux anywere?

5. KDE 1.0 + FreeType 1.0

6. How to send ctrl-C over the socket connection

7. problem using ftape "can't open /dev/ftape"

8. Heelp please... natd troubles

9. ftape: no /dev/ftape or other

10. Ftape would say /dev/ftape <no such device>

11. Ftape : "Timer Expired" on /dev/ftape problem

12. Ftape 2.02 hangs /dev/ftape - leaves afio running

13. insmod ftape:Initialization of ftape failed