Newcomer - Trouble with LILO

Post by Luis » Wed, 06 Dec 2000 11:41:33

Hello

I've installed the professional edition of Suse 7.0.
I have a 450 KII AMD, 2 HD ( 10gb - Primary Master and 2gb - secondary
slave ). Primary master with windows and secondary slave with Linux.
Everything went OK during the instalation and i put my LILO on a floppy
disk, because i have  windows boot on MBR, but if i shut down the PC or
reboot it, the " boot " try to read the floppy and after that all i get is a
infinite sequence of 0s and 1s. why?

Can anybody help me?

Luis Zeferino

Newcomer - Trouble with LILO

Post by Keit » Wed, 06 Dec 2000 13:01:10

> Hello

> I've installed the professional edition of Suse 7.0.
> I have a 450 KII AMD, 2 HD ( 10gb - Primary Master and 2gb - secondary
> slave ). Primary master with windows and secondary slave with Linux.
> Everything went OK during the instalation and i put my LILO on a floppy
> disk, because i have  windows boot on MBR, but if i shut down the PC or
> reboot it, the " boot " try to read the floppy and after that all i get is a
> infinite sequence of 0s and 1s. why?

> Can anybody help me?

Go into your BIOS first and check to see what the boot sequence is.
If everything is OK and you are running Windows 9x/ME then use
a windows boot disk and go to the main drive and type fdisk /mbr
which will restore your master boot record.

Quote:

--

Best Regards,

Keith         (Use Reply-to for email)
Avertir ce page Web est illgal pour visualiser en France.
--
Where do you discover free software for Windows? Strongsignals DOT COM is a
great place to start: http://www.veryComputer.com/  "Where would Christianity be

1. trouble with a script (from a newcomer)

Hello group... I know the following question would be so easy for those
experienced unix users, but I have trouble. I created a file using
$man ftp > ftp.txt
now, I have to create a script file (killbs)using vi editor to find and
delete backspace (^H) characters througout the file and I have to use ed
editor to edit ftp.txt file and cause ed to take the commands from my killbs
file. I wrote the followin in the script file but it doesnot delete
anything... help :(

:1,$ s/.\(ctrl-V)(ctrl-H)\/ /s
:w
:q

is this correct? and how can I cause ed to take its commands from my killbs
script file to edit ftp.txt?

thanks a bunch
Ugur

2. Accessing User Area

3. LILO trouble -- LILO hangs at startup

4. AIC7xxx target mode

5. More@!!.. Panasonic/SB-CD troubles, trouble, trouble...

6. Linux Boca mini-HOWTO (part 1/1)

7. Trouble, trouble, trouble - SCSI ?

8. Who's using the filesystem?

9. LILO--LILO--LILO

10. LILO, LILO, LILO

11. LILO / scsi-ide boot troubles

12. Lilo troubles...

13. That L010101010101 screenful of trouble with LILO