Help - Looking For Backup Scripts - Backup 1.0 Problems

Help - Looking For Backup Scripts - Backup 1.0 Problems

Post by Brian Kram » Wed, 03 Aug 1994 19:28:36

I have backup-1.0 from sunsite.  But it never completes from CROND.
Always hangs.  Can anyone suggest decent backup procedures for
a dat drive?

Thanks

--

New Jersey Computer Connection - Public Access Unix Site - pluto.njcc.com
Voice: 609-896-2799 - Fax: 609-896-2994 - Dialups: 609-896-3191

1. HELP WITH BACKUP 1.0 Scripts

I have been using the backup scripts and am wondering:

1) can I do more than one backup on a tape?  i.e. do a full backup on Sunday
and then a partial monday - sat on the same tape?  I have been and just
now realized that when I restore I only restore the latest incremental
backup.

2) If I can how do I restore from other backups other than the latest
incremental?

Brian Kramer-Computer Science & Mathematics-Rutgers University

SySop:NJ Computer Connection BBS (609)895-0398 - njcc.wisdom.bubble.org

2. Linux/MS-XP home networking question

3. afio backup scripts incremental backup problem

4. Named pipe solution wanted on solaris

5. Solstice Backup (4.2.x): to run a script before/after backup

6. Multiple X Displays (ie VNC etc)

7. A backup script and backup strategies for linux/Unix

8. Try to figure this one out! - Another networking puzzle

9. Looking for a good Automated backup script

10. Looking for a nice and easy Backup Script!

11. Looking for shell script for backup on BSD 4.3

12. Looking for CD backup script

13. looking for backup script