missing files in SLS 1.03 distribution

Post by Alastair McKinst » Tue, 31 Aug 1993 18:39:13

I have downloaded the SLS distribution of linux from funet.fi, but somewhere
along the way some programs have gone missing. I am missing the following
commands (at least)

        man, sort, sleep, paste awk flex find

I don't have ftp access, and using the mailserver or ftpmail is
prohibitive for lesiurely searches through the .tgz files, so which
package contains these files, and where can I get it ?

        Thanks in advance,
                Alastair McKinstry.

--
                                        -^-
                                         |  Alastair McKinstry

1. SLS 1.03 install and missing header files

I have the following comments and questions to do with installation of
SLS 1.03.

Firstly, I would like to say that I really appreciate the time and effort
put into the SLS distribution by Peter. The comments following are NOT
intended to be criticisms.

- I had a lot of trouble getting SLS to install. I have a 386 with 4mb
  of memory, so the first thing I did was select the option to create
  a swap partition.
  Unfortunately, mkswap ran out of memory while trying to create the
  swap partition. This results in a catch-22 situation which should be
  resolved before the next release.

- Also due to memory shortage (and no swap space), some of the packages
  failed to install and had to be done by hand afterwards.

- Now I have a working system, I appear to be missing many of the gcc
  header files (stddef.h, float.h, to name two). Does anyone know from
  which package they should be extracted ?

Thanks in advance, Mark.

DBA,ITS                               Phone: +617 875 7691
Griffith University                   Fax:   +617 875 5314
Nathan, Brisbane QLD 4111             ***** PDCurses Maintainer *****
Australia                             *** Author of THE and GUROO ***

2. Computer Security Evaluation FAQ, Version 2.1

3. SLS 1.03 diskx1 description file missing line?

4. man page can't work!!

5. LaTeX in SLS 1.03 distribution

6. Unixware 7 on Compaq Proliant 850R

7. problems with cc/gcc setup in sls 1.03 distribution

8. "free"

9. Boot disks a1.3 and a1.5 missing in new SLS version 1.03

10. Missing Programs in SLS 1.03

11. SLS 1.03 missing zoneinfo

12. SLS 1.03, is it missing something?