Kernel v1.1.0 problem-cannot write to msdos partition

Kernel v1.1.0 problem-cannot write to msdos partition

Post by Shoel Perelm » Fri, 02 Sep 1994 00:03:10

I had to recompile my kernel to set up sound support so i figgured i'd get
a newer kernel.. I picked v1.1.0 thinking it would be mostly bug fixes (actuallynow that I think about it, i guess it would be mostly new untested features!)

Anyway, now when I try to write to an msdos partition, i get a real only
error.  Is this a bug in v1.1.0?  Which is a good version (least bugs)
to get?  I d/led v1.1.35 but didnt compile it yet...  Is 1.1.35 relatively
stable?

-Shoel Perelman

:GOING 28.8 SLIP NEXT WEEK!! YIPPEE!!!

1. Cannot write to msdos partitions

Hi,

I have recently installed Linux on my desktop PC at work, Linux
resides on the second IDE drive (/dev/hdb).  The dos partitions are
listed in the /etc/fstab file and mounted ok as

/dos/a/
/dos/c/
and
/dos/d/

They mount ok, read ok, but I cannot write to them.

Any ideas?

Thanks,

Please send mail to

***and***

(As I'm having some trouble with missing mail.)

2. HDD keeps spinning

3. Kernel Compile failure when installing v1.1.0.tz

4. Documentation of ID in errpt Output

5. fse2ck on bootup with v1.1.0 kernel

6. CD-Rom kernel messages

7. What is the best version of DOSEMU for kernel v1.1.0?

8. X won't start, now what?

9. Errors compiling kernel v1.1.0

10. Net 2 V1.30 on Kernel 1.0 closing sockets?

11. Linux setup cannot recognise slakware files on my MSDOS partition

12. read/write permission for users on MSDOS partition?

13. msdos partition and user write permissions