linux boot/install with IN2000 SCSI?

Post by Jerod Tuf » Sun, 26 Sep 1993 02:09:28

I recently got a new system and I am having no luck getting
linux installed.  It has an Always IN2000 SCSI w/ a Maxtor
340 meg HDD.  I got the alpha IN2000 package from tsx-11,
and lacking a linux system to work with, all I could do
was rawrite the included zImage to a floppy and boot
that to make sure it recognized my drive.  (it did)
from here, it prompts for a boot disk.  At this point I
insert the MCC or SLS boot disk which works until it wants
me to reboot and type rw root=801 (or something like that)
since I get no lilo prompt booting from the otherm image,
I am apparently screwed.  Can someone suggest a way to
get this system installed?  Thanks.

1. need slackware boot kernel for IN2000 scsi drive and SB CDRom

Does anyone know where I can find a kernel for the slackware distribution
that supports
                Matsushita CD Rom / SB CD Rom
                IN2000 / Always Technology SCSI harddrive

because I want to install from CD.

I have to finish installing tonight, because Im leaving town in the morning, and
wont be back for a while.

If anyone can help, I (and my school) will really appreciate it.

2. NFS-problem

3. Boot from SCSI drive? (Always IN2000+Seagate)

4. mail problem

5. HELP! How to install with Allways IN2000 SCSI?

6. PPP problems

7. Linux does not recognize my IN2000 SCSI controller/drive

8. Mach32 works under 3.1.1, doesn't under 3.1.2

9. Is anyone using an IN2000 SCSI with Linux?

10. Installing LINUX with IN2000 and LMS CM205

11. Installing Linux on SCSI HD without LILO to boot

12. SCSI Linux vs NT boot & install

13. Linux install/boot on 2nd SCSI HD?