Parsing an mbox file then re-delivering?

Parsing an mbox file then re-delivering?

Post by roo » Mon, 21 Nov 1994 11:20:41

Here's my situation:

I've got a local ethernet connected via PPP to a service provider who
manages my domain disaster.com.  The problem is all mail, regardless to

the same POP mailbox.  What I want to do is download all of these
messages via the popclient untility then run some kind of parser on the
file which will pull out the adressee and then call deliver or sendmail
on it.  Does such a utility exist?

                                                - Mike

1. Mail delivered by sender gets "failure to deliver"

Hope this is a good place to ask, cause I don't know where
else.  :)  Here is my best take on the problem, so far:

The secretary for my office sends out general information via
e-mail from her Macintosh using Microsoft Mail.  The mail
is sent on to the SMTP recipients via a product called MailHub.

Problem is, the secretary is getting failure to deliver
messages back (even though the mail is delivered) from
any user that has a .forward file in their home directory.

The problem seems to be that the distribution list is
rather large (about 5000 characters) and something is
breaking up the To: list at about 2500 characters, causing
syntactic errors (unbalanced parenthesis, unbalanced < & >,
etc.) because the To: list has been truncated in the middle
of one of the addresses.

Does this sound familiar? What component of our system is
at fault? Is there a fix?

Using SunOS 4.1.3.

I would appreciate cc: via e-mail, since my news server seems
to be on a 2 day delay right now.

Thanks for all help.

Glenn
Glenn Hoffman                                          Engineering Systems

8*252-5770  (315-793-5770)                                       Utica, NY

2. ascii to decimal conversion

3. Breaking up an mbox file into a database via tags

4. Last console messages

5. RFC 822 vs mbox file format

6. Has Anyone set up Volume Groups on a Enterprise Storage System

7. mail program wont create mbox as *save* file ...

8. IP Host-to-Host routing

9. Need good pgm to sort/file/filter/classify email in UNIX-style mbox's?

10. grep From: and Subject from mbox file

11. mbox file opening in wondows

12. Mbox files being owned by root...

13. default file not index.html or parse a single file??