ghostscript - ps to ljet3p

Post by Alan Buckwalter - x55 » Fri, 21 Jan 1994 03:21:26

I have an HP LaserJet IIIp and am using ghostscript 2.6.1 (or whatever is
the default under Slackware 1.1.1) to convert postscript to "ljet3" format.
For some reason, using the following command line, my output gets clipped
along the edges of the paper.  Mostly at the bottom, but I have seen it at
the top using nenscript and/or mpage, groff, etc...

gs -q -dNOPAUSE -sDEVICE=ljet3 -sOutputFile=output.lj -- input.ps

I have tried some of the other ljet printer devices, without much success.
Has anyone else seen this, or can you offer some other things to try ?

Thanks !

---

      _/   Alan M Buckwalter  _/
   _/ _/    +1 212 902 5586   _/ _/

1. Ghostscript Backwards - DeskJet to PS

I am rather new to Linux

I know Ghostscript will take a PS file and print on my HP Deskjet 600

Is there a program out there that I can take a Deskjet file and have it converted
to a Postscript file.

REASON:
I have an old DOS application that prints fine to the Deskjet. However with the
Postscript Driver the letters all run together and there are no Italics.  I believe
the problem to be with the program's PS printer driver.  My goal is to take the
good output that goes (and) prints to my Deskjet and convert it to a PS file.
The offending program is GeoWorks 2.01.

2. **Help FORTRAN filter option?**

3. Converting PS to G3 fax with Ghostscript 4.01

4. miro 20SV & Slackware 3.0

5. ghostscript >=3.33 displays ugly images embedded in PS file

6. ufsdump thru a firewall

7. ghostscript "no gs_init.ps"

8. cannot connect to ssh, web, ftp after upgrade

9. Ghostscript won't reset PS mode.

10. PostScript on non-PS printer [ GhostScript Margin Question ]

11. CorelDraw PS Fonts <-> Ghostscript fonts mapping list wanted

12. ghostscript ps->pdf Efficiency

13. Getting ghostscript to convert ps to pdf