Xscreensaver crash

Post by Magnu » Sun, 24 Dec 2000 19:28:48

Sometimes when xscreensaver start it crash the whole system. The only
thing to do is to hard reset the computer. Usually it's the GL savers that
crash. So I wonder what's the reason why the crash? I use several other
GL programs/games that do not crash at all. I once send the author an
email and stated my problem, he respond that it must be something with my
x server as it could not possible be anything wrong with xscreensaver. I'm
using Red Hat 7 with Xfree86 4.01 and MesaGL 3.4. Any got a clue?

--
Mvh Magnus Lundin

www.algonet.se/~elp

1. xscreensaver crashes system!

    Does anyone know how to get xscreensaver to stop crashing? Or does anyone
know a version that works? In both RH 6.0 and Mandrake 7 it crashes with
fvwm2. I did get an update for Rh 6.0, xscreensaver-3.09-4, which has worked
for weeks on end, but I'm wondering why xscreensaver-3.18-3mdk.i586.rpm the
one in Mandrake 7 does not work? I remember hearing something about disabling
the colormapping? is this needed for fvwm2?
    Otherwise I guess I'll have to install 3.09-4 w/ Mandrake 7... it's pretty
bad when it does crash though, all kinds of file errors on reboot!

                                                                -John

ps- the proof that it's xscreensaver is that X runs for days w/o it, load it
and it'll die overnight, it seems to take a while to do so though.

2. server with load limiting (CPU and/or bandwidth)

3. xscreensaver GL hacks crashing

4. Trouble with rootdisk with Slackware 3.0.

5. (for gurus) ISSUES: crashes, crash on boot, crash on shutdown

6. big disk not recognized

7. 2.0.34 keeps crashing and crashing and crashing and ...

8. Trouble with internal modem in old Packard Bell system

9. Crashing Crashing Crashing

10. 2.0.34 keeps crashing and crashing and crashing and ...

11. ypbind crash crash crash

12. Help with OpenBSD 3.1 crashes (/var/crash/ files included)

13. Netscape crashes, X crashes, Woe is me...