Infomagic CD installation, panasonic CD-rom mount error

Infomagic CD installation, panasonic CD-rom mount error

Post by Dr. W » Wed, 09 Nov 1994 12:04:53

Please Help,

     I am trying to install Infomagic's Oct release through a Panasonic
controlled by a 16bit sound card.

     My boot disk was built using the sbpcd.gz

     In setup script, I've try the following steps
  -> SOURCE
  -> install from CD-ROM
  -> Sound Blaster Pro (panasonic) [ /dev/sbpcd ]
  -> distribution/slackare    InfoMagic CD-ROM

 then the cd-rom is lite up and trying to do a mount, from another virtual
 terminal, a ps command telling me the system is doing a

 mount -o ro -t iso9660 /dev/sbpcd /var/adm/mount

 the cd-rom is ejceted and setup script telling me there is a mount error

 I was trying to mount the cdrom manually, given the above mount command
 I got the following error message:
 mount:wrong fs type, /dev/sbpcd already mounted,
 /var/adm/mount busy, or other error

 I am getting stuck, Please help

 Jonathan Hu

--

                          |"I love you for your beauty; love me
                          | though I am ugly"
                          | -- Miguel Cervantes, Don Quixote

1. Linux from Nascent CD-ROM won't mount my panasonic cd-rom drive

        Hi, I just bought the Linux from Nascent CD-ROM and have been attempting
to install it on my 486DX2/66 machine.  I have a cardex SVGA card using a
Cirrus chipset and 1 meg of video ram.  I have 16 megs of 60-ns memory.  I also
have a local bus IDE hard drive controller (32-bit) running two 340-meg
western digital hard drives.  Oh, the video is local bus, too.  I also have
an IOMEGA floptical drive, as well as the almost expected 3.5" and 5.25"
floppies.  I also have a Soundblaster 16 sound card that is driving my CD-drive,
the setup that comes together in a multimedia pack, I forget the exact name,
but it is a fairly standard one.  It is a Panasonic cd-drive by the way.
A panasonic 54- something I think.  When I boot and root my way into Linux,
It won't mount my cd-drive.  Since the program files are all on CD, that
means I can't install.  I followed the instructions for fixing this problemm
in the manual, i.e. "mknod /dev/sbpcd b 25 0"
                    "ln -fs /dev/sbpcd /dev/cdrom"
This looked fine, but when I rebooted, Linux still wouldn't mount my drive.
I even tried getting new root and boot images via anonymous FTP and rawrite.
No dice.  Does anyone have any ideas?  Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks!

Mike Van Camp

2. FreeBSD 4.0 on AlphaStation 200

3. Q: Mitshuma CD-ROM and InfoMagic Cd-ROM

4. Linux & 33.6 Modems

6. Regarding MX Entry

7. CD ROM Support For Older Panasonic CD-ROM Drives

8. Making a boot floppy

9. PAS 16 CD-ROM and Slakware96, mounting CD-ROM crashes system

10. Mount CD-ROM over network and report as CD-ROM

11. Mounting CD ROM vs. Mounting CD ROM

12. CD-ROM Drive Errors w/ Debian Installation - Bootable CD Problem?

13. install from infomagic CD with a sony CD-ROM drive