SLIP with 'dip'

Post by Kenneth Jacks » Tue, 01 Nov 1994 19:10:58

I am trying to configure dip to dial in to our SLIP server and the script
appears to work perfectly, except for the last line: 'mode SLIP'.  I get the
following errors:

DIP: tty_notlocal cannot TIOCSCTTY:  Bad file number

tty: set_state: Bad file number

tty_notlocal cannot clr CLOCAL: Bad file number

Any help would be appreciated.

Kenneth Jackson

SLIP with 'dip'

Post by Iris » Wed, 02 Nov 1994 22:01:08

>I am trying to configure dip to dial in to our SLIP server and the script
>appears to work perfectly, except for the last line: 'mode SLIP'.  I get the
>following errors:
>DIP: tty_notlocal cannot TIOCSCTTY:  Bad file number
>tty: set_state: Bad file number
>tty_notlocal cannot clr CLOCAL: Bad file number
>Any help would be appreciated.

        Did you compile the kernel to include SLIP?
--
                        Irish
    "I'm not the shell answer man, I just know some things about Linux"

1. DIP problem: 'mode SLIP' gives SETD error

Due to errors in the installation of the news software on
my system, the return address was incorrect on my last
message.  This address should be correct.
Here is the original message:

When I try to initiate a SLIP connection with a terminal server,
DIP gives me a "SETD: Invalid argument" error when I attempt
to "mode SLIP".

I am setting the remote, port, and speed commands correctly.
(and also the local).

I have the terminal server set to always give me my machine's
IP address, and the terminal server prompts me that SLIP mode
has begun.  The terminal server is an Annex, set to handle
compression.

Thanks in advance for any advice.

David Simmons
System Administrator
Mississippi State University Electrical Engineering

2. Using qmail to deliver locally generated system messages

3. Misterious behavior of 'dip' and 'find', help if u can...

4. High memory usage with kernel 2.2.9

5. SLIP prob: DIP won't find port!

6. backgrounds in X

7. Dip won't work as SLIP server

8. Floppy Disk Operations. Where????

9. I got SLIP (dip) working, but my nameservers won't kick in

10. DIP, SLIP: can't get they working

11. SLIP DIP Server won't run

12. dip can't hang SLIP

13. SLIP/DIP interactively works, but can't see connection via ifconfig