I need a script that I can run to move files from a directory based
on a certain date.
Such as move all files with the date Jan 20,2001 to a directory
> I need a script that I can run to move files from a directory based
> on a certain date.
> Such as move all files with the date Jan 20,2001 to a directory
1. Archiving files in "date folders" based on date and time file generated
Please consider the following: Normally files that are generated as
"results" files from service fulfillment events are stored in a
standard archive directory
called say "~/services_results/DD-MM-YYYY/Name_of_Results_File. This
means all files generated on July,16,2001 between 0:00:01 and 23:59:60
archived in the "~/services_results/16-07-2001" directory. The same
holds for each respective day and is very straight-forward.
However, due to operational issues there is now a need to do a split
whereby the service results files are stored in particular "date
folders" based on time of day generated as well. For example:
* If the service fulfillment events occur between "6AM.July.16.2001",
and "6AM.July.17.2001", then the results files are to be stored in
* If the service fulfillment events occur between "6AM.July.17.2001"
and "6AM.July.18.2001", then the results files are to be stored in
the folder "~/services_results/17-07-2001".
This new methodology is to be employed indefinitely until operational
methods change at some unforeseen time in the future.
If someone has a rather quick "fix" for this scenario, it would be
greatly appreciated. The operating environment is Solaris.
2. Trio3d only able to get 16 color mode
5. Moving files based on last modified date
6. Connecting a modem: "link is down"
8. Toshiba 430CDS-32/200 compatibility
9. Transforming log file into separate files based on date?
10. How to move files by modification date?
11. Select files by date and move them
12. How to move files by modification date?