pioneer 6 disc caddy cd and linux

Post by rasca » Tue, 08 May 2001 16:14:10

Hi.
   I aquired 3 pioneer drm624 cd caddys and can get the system to find and
access them but all it will do is say no medium found. Will only access disc
#1 of each deck.
   What I would like to know is :   do you have to have a program  from ixos
or canto to use these or can you simply manually mount them when wanted?
    Slakware 7.1   Aha1542   scsi id's   4,5,6    using  mount /dev/scdx
/cdromx  where x is the drive #

Thanks   rascal

1. does PIONEER DRM-604X (6 disc cd-rom changer) work with linux?

Hi,
   I am trying to use a pionner drm-604x (6 discs cd-rom changer) with
linux. I am running kernel 1.3.77. The kernel recognizes the unit and
responds with "detected 6 SCSI cdroms total." I can succesfully mount
the first unit: /dev/sr0. It fails when I try to mount any other
cd-rom unit, even unmounting the first one. The errors are something
like:

scsi: aborting command due to timeout
SCSI: CD error: host 0 id 0 lun 1 return code = 28000002
extra data not valid Current error sr0b:01: sen key Hardware Error

The SCSI interface is an Adaptec 1542.

I'd appreciate any help. Thanks in advance

2. New Tape Devices Strange Behavior

3. Pioneer 6 disc CD problems

4. Hacked Sendmail???

5. Pioneer DRM-1804X CD Changer (18 Disk)

6. errors on script, need another pair of eyes....

7. Wierd lo and eth0 errors in /var/log/messages

8. Sony CDU926S spitting the CD Caddy right back out

9. WTB: CD CADDY

10. CD-A24X Pioneer CD-ROM Problem

11. IDE and hot-swap disk caddies

12. Looking for Disk Caddy for Sparc20