plugger-4.0 shows Image Magick gif of a cartoon wizard rather than tiff file in netscape plugin

plugger-4.0 shows Image Magick gif of a cartoon wizard rather than tiff file in netscape plugin

Post by J F » Mon, 30 Jun 2003 01:16:46

Subject: plugger-4.0 shows Image Magick gif of a cartoon wizard rather than tiff file in netscape
plugin

I wanted to look at .tiff files at the uspto.gov website.

Netscape lists the plugin:
http://www.veryComputer.com/
I had to change the 2 lines below in the tiff plugin makefile,
create a home directory called hume,
and put in a link from src to where I downloaded the netscape SDK.
# Where is your Plugin Source Development Kit from Netscape?
SDK=/home/knoppix/Desktop/NETSCAPE.PLUGINS/PluginSDK30b5
#SDK=/home/hume/src/PluginSDK30b5

# Where is your Xwindows located?
X11=/usr/X11R6
#X11=/usr/X11/

Followed the rest the directions to:
    531  locate netscape/plugins
    532  cp plugger.so /usr/local/netscape/plugins
    533  cp pluggerrc /etc/pluggerrc-4.0
    534  cp plugger-4.0 /usr/bin

So now everytime I look at a tiff file in netscape, I see an adverti*t
for Image Magick ( http://www.veryComputer.com/) but never
see the patent image I wanted to see???

1. plugger-4.0 and netscape

My Netscape version 4.76 stubbornly refuses to load plugger-4.0 saying
that it cannot dynamically load the executable file "plugger-4.0". I
have checked the path and I have checked the rights and the mode, all
without success. After 14 months of trying the doubts concerning my
sanity are rapidly increasing. What really bugs me is the fact that
the little bugger says the plugin has been installed and enabled,
which is more than can be said for Shockwave. This has only been
installed and there seems to be no way to enable it. Yessir, I did
consult newsgroups and FAQ sections. Any help would be warmly
appreciated from someone on the brink of turning back to
you-know-what-DOZE, where the Internet seems to work according to rule
without too much messing about.

2. 32 bit or 64 bit Solaris 8

3. Plugger Plugin for video files

4. outb function / core dumps...

5. raster images, GIF, TIFF, PCX

6. Minor annoyance

7. Netscape plugins for viewing Tiffs...

8. USB breaks DHCP with Yellow Dog

9. Viewing Graphics Files (JPEG, TIFF, GIF, etc) on 5.0.4

10. comp.unix.wizards comp.lang.c comp.sys.sun alt.unix.wizards alt.unix.wizards.free

11. Plugger 4.0 & other pluggers

12. Image Magick

13. Module problems: PerlMagick (Image::Magick) under linux.