Xwindows won't start.....help needed

Post by Deec » Tue, 28 Nov 2000 04:00:00

After deinstalling staroffice my Xwindows won't work no more.
This is wat I get in my log:

(**) Mouse1: ZAxisMapping: buttons 4 and 5
(II) Keyboard "Keyboard1" handled by legacy driver
(II) XINPUT: Adding extended input device "Mouse1" (type: MOUSE)
Could not init font path element unix/:-1, removing from list!

Fatal server error:
could not open default font 'fixed'

Anyone who has a clue what is wrong here and how do i solve it?!
I work with Mandrake 7.2.....

Thnx,
Deech

Post by Bernd Da » Thu, 30 Nov 2000 04:00:00

> After deinstalling staroffice my Xwindows won't work no more.
> This is wat I get in my log:

> (**) Mouse1: ZAxisMapping: buttons 4 and 5
> (II) Keyboard "Keyboard1" handled by legacy driver
> (II) XINPUT: Adding extended input device "Mouse1" (type: MOUSE)
> Could not init font path element unix/:-1, removing from list!

> Fatal server error:
> could not open default font 'fixed'

> Anyone who has a clue what is wrong here and how do i solve it?!
> I work with Mandrake 7.2.....

> Thnx,
> Deech

Verify that the fontserver xfs is started

--
Bernd Dau
T-Nova Deutsche Telekom Innovationsgesellschaft mbH

Xwindows won't start.....help needed

Post by David Addiso » Sat, 02 Dec 2000 04:00:00

Looks like your font server process (xfs) is not running or is running on
a different port/socket ? In RH7.0 they changed the XF86Config font path
from unix/:-1 to unix/:7100

Maybe that would help on your distribution too ?

Addy.

> After deinstalling staroffice my Xwindows won't work no more. This is
> wat I get in my log:

> (**) Mouse1: ZAxisMapping: buttons 4 and 5
> (II) Keyboard "Keyboard1" handled by legacy driver
> (II) XINPUT: Adding extended input device "Mouse1" (type: MOUSE)
> Could not init font path element unix/:-1, removing from list!

> Fatal server error: could not open default font 'fixed'

> Anyone who has a clue what is wrong here and how do i solve it?! I work
> with Mandrake 7.2.....

> Thnx, Deech

Xwindows won't start.....help needed

Post by fcii » Sun, 03 Dec 2000 04:00:00

1. RTFM
2. Add the font paths & get rid of the unix/:-1 statement

(this would be in the /etc/X11/XF86Config file)
my fonts are in /usr/X11R6/lib/X11/fonts/local; misc; etc.
BTW, RTFM stands for read the manual

> After deinstalling staroffice my Xwindows won't work no more.
> This is wat I get in my log:

> (**) Mouse1: ZAxisMapping: buttons 4 and 5
> (II) Keyboard "Keyboard1" handled by legacy driver
> (II) XINPUT: Adding extended input device "Mouse1" (type: MOUSE)
> Could not init font path element unix/:-1, removing from list!

> Fatal server error:
> could not open default font 'fixed'

> Anyone who has a clue what is wrong here and how do i solve it?!
> I work with Mandrake 7.2.....

> Thnx,
> Deech

1. Need Help to run school's xwindow programs on linux's xwindow

Hi! This my first time to show up in the news group. I set up linux system
on my PC. I use linux's xwindow and try to run xwindow program like ANSYS or
Ideas on school but show up on my linux. I can not get it. Do anyone know

how to do it ? Please give me a hand. I will appreciate you very much.

2. Aix version

3. netscape won't start from Xwindow or command prompt

4. Socket Program in C

5. Xwindows won't start anymore

6. SCO libraries on Linux??

7. XWindows won't start

8. it's been toooo long

9. Nertworking is Xwindows won't start

10. help needed: AWE32 PNP won't work - kernel won't compile - gurus read this!

11. XWindows won't start in right resolution.

12. I need help with X, it won't even start...

13. Xwindows won't start!