Howto custimze ICONS & FOATING MENU in X (under fvwm & olvwm) ???

Howto custimze ICONS & FOATING MENU in X (under fvwm & olvwm) ???

Post by Fre » Sat, 11 May 1996 04:00:00

Hi all!

Well I'm having a problem since I'dlike to add icons on the desktop
(but is it really possible???) 'cause I'm used to this under SCO-UNIX.
And I also would like to know how to change the floating menu you get
when clicking on the desktop.

I'm bored to launch netscape from a SHELL-BOX...

If you do know how to do one of these, please email me!

Thanx a lot

                                        [FReD]

Yeah! LINUX is really great, I'm going to tell it to my grandparents.
:-)
Fred, Belgium
http://www.veryComputer.com/~ping5703
http://www.*bar.be

Howto custimze ICONS & FOATING MENU in X (under fvwm & olvwm) ???

Post by Bob Fah » Sun, 12 May 1996 04:00:00

Hi all,

Please try the following resources on the Web for just such questions about
FVWM:

http://www.veryComputer.com/~tkelly/docs/proj/fvwm.html
http://www.veryComputer.com/~roland/fvwm/fvwm.html

The above should provide you with a wealth of information and example
scripts.  I was able to get a long line of connected icons with my favorite
app's at the bottom of my X window, which certainly saves me alot of time.
Also, a big bravo to the people that maintain those FVWM pages above, as I
couldn't have figured it out on my own.
--
//signed//

Famous quote by daughter Elizabeth, "If I was them cows, I'd run away!"

/says.../>Hi all!
/>Well I'm having a problem since I'dlike to add icons on the desktop
/>(but is it really possible???) 'cause I'm used to this under SCO-UNIX.
/>And I also would like to know how to change the floating menu you get
/>when clicking on the desktop.
/>I'm bored to launch netscape from a SHELL-BOX...
/>If you do know how to do one of these, please email me!
/>Thanx a lot
/>                                        [FReD]
/>
/>Yeah! LINUX is really great, I'm going to tell it to my grandparents.
/>:-)